Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Sudden CTD loading PMDG a/c

Hi,All of a sudden, whenever I load a PMDG a/c no matter if I do it when setting up the flight or if I change to the PMDG a/c after already started up a flight with any of the default FS a/c FS9 crashes with a message stating 'Fatal error' and when I click on the details button to get more info it refers to a module called PMDG_737NG_Main.gau.Any idea on things I could try to fix this kind of problem? Would be very greatful if I don't have to reinstall the whole package.Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Åsberg

Richard I don't know the answer right off the top of my head but I do know it has been over before in the forum. Here is one of the threads.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...46896&mode=full

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Thanks, I'll try deleting my FS9.CFG and see if that solves the problem...even though I'm not too keen on deleting it since it hold lots of settings I don't look forward to do all over again...;-)

Richard Åsberg

Richard - Why not move the fs9.cfg or simply rename it??? That way you can move whatever you want to move to the new config file.Hope it helps,

That's my plan Mats ;-) but FS9.CFG is quite a complex file as I'm sure you know and I have lots of add-on's installed so I hope I'll be able to find all settings that differ from the original one so I don't end up having to re-install every single add-on that has modified FS9.CFG.But like I said, I'll give it a try and see what happens! What I find strange is that it's only the PMDG a/c that won't load, all the other loads just fine.All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Richard,that happened to me twice... Each time I must have installed or uninstalled something to/from FS2004. But I've never found the cause... what helped for me was a new installation of the 737. Fortunately that is an easy thing with all those installers available...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest _sebastian_

>That's my plan Mats ;-) but FS9.CFG is quite a complex file>as I'm sure you know and I have lots of add-on's installed so>I hope I'll be able to find all settings that differ from the>original one so I don't end up having to re-install every>single add-on that has modified FS9.CFG.>>But like I said, I'll give it a try and see what happens! What>I find strange is that it's only the PMDG a/c that won't load,>all the other loads just fine.>>All the best,All key assignments are grouped together at the end of the fs9.cfg file. I have found these to be most time consuming to set up whereas the rest can be set in 1-2 minutes.Anyway, try not to spend to much time debugging this a/c. It's a lot faster to reinstall the whole thing.

Thanks for all help and tips given but I solved the problem now. Tried to remember what...if any...changes I did to my FS setup that could have caused my problem and came to think of the latest AIRAC (0412). Installed that a couple of days ago and that's the only change I've done. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the old 0411 AIRAC and the problem was gone and everything worked just fine again!Then I figured I should try reinstalling the 0412 version once again to see what happens and after doing that it still works...so maybe it was just something that went wrong the first time I installed the 0412 AIRAC.On a sidenote I can also mention that before this I tried the suggested tip to rename the FS9.CFG and let FS create a new one and that also cured the problem - don't really get all this but why worry now that everything is back to normal again ;-)Cheers,

Richard Åsberg