Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

747-400 Manual? Print it and 'll pay, happily !

Just a note to state that if PMDG is thinking about some extra revenues for the 744, I'll happily pay $10 to $25 extra for a nicely produced, bound operating manual of The Queen when it's launched. I've spent far more than this just printing out the manuals for the NG series alone (prolly cost me $60 to $90 in B&W and color deskjet cartridges).Dunno if this is a minority view, but if you multiply this by, say, 3000 customers prepared to pony up extra for a manual, this might be an attractive proposition.Jonathan

Guest champiano

That is a fair point Jonathan because I use a deskjet printer aswell and it is obviously better to have the manuals in your hand instead of being stored away in your hard drive.Denis Allen

Dear Vin:Wonderful news, thanks for posting. It would be a beautiful New Year season "present" if you decided to do it.Cheers!JS

Guest ingebj

Hello,Agree! I would gladly purchase a proper manual for sale!Cheers,

I recently thought I would go first class with the Concorde manuals by taking the files to Fedex/Kinko's and having them printed two-sided on 3-hole paper in color. The cost would have been 75 cents per side -- $1.50 per page!! So, a 100 pages of Concorde manuals would have cost $75. I don't know how many total pages there are in the Concorde manuals, but I think there are more than 100. I would be glad to pay $25 to PSS for a printed manual.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest phorovsky

HelloWould be delighted to pay for a printed manual!! Let's hold thumbs!Greetingspaul

Guest psaul

Mark me as another one who would buy a printed manual for any plane you make.

Guest Erups

Men i don't know where you live, but here in italy with all the regression and nasty things in our economy, in a copy store we pay just 25c for a face.Copy (ie you have a paper and want a copy) go fo 10c a face.And that is already too much as we were used to pay the euqivalent of 5c before the EURO.

>pay $10 to $25 extra You are cheap !Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Callmecapt

Cheap? Why? You realise there are people out there who don't make much money. Me personally, I can have the manual printed, bound and presented for absolutely nothing. A relative works in a printing factory and he has printed all my manuals. Very good quality I mmust say. The best solution...offer a downloadable version as well as a Bound version for sale.RegardsGoran

>You realise there are people out there who>don't make much money. I do realize. And for such folks there is no better option than having manual in the electronic form and then only print those pages that are used most often.If PMDG can arrange for a professionaly printed (and bound) manual for the 747 in the $10-$25 price range then more power to them but I think it won't be easy.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest nattydread

I would also like manuals for my PMDG models, but i also understand that $25 sounds too low. I think we should realistically consider $50-75 dollars. I'd cartainbly pay $50 for one...$75 if its its color where applicable.It looks like I'll be doing my own though. After ink and having Kinkos bound them, I think it'll cost about $40.

Hmm, I think that's getting rather too expensive. I am thinking about small size manuals, say, 9 by 6 inches, not great big productions from Kinko's that fit into a whacking great binder that you buy at OFFICE DEPOT. At Kinko's, you pay as a single consumer for expensive, high quality color copy that has a production cost far higher than a big print publisher. That's not what I am suggesting.PSS produced lovely little manuals for their 777s and 747-400 years ago of small dimensions and didn't charge an arm and a leg for them. If manuals are produced in fairly large numbers and bundled with the product, I'd say $50-75 is a very hefty price. The object of buying hard copy manuals from a sim developer would be to benefit from their production economies of scale and to purchase the manuals at a price that is attractive for the end-user. You can buy some real second-hand and FMC Boeing manuals on the net for $75 or less and those would be hundreds of pages of heavily technical matter.Well, look, the purpose of my post was not to propose a price and tell PMDG how to do anything; it was to raise an idea and throw out a couple of numbers to show what I'd be prepared to pay and what many folks I've spoken to seem to think is an attractive range. I don't think it serves much benefit for us users to post something like "Hey, that's far too cheap. Charge much more" ! Jonathan

Guest Callmecapt

>>You realise there are people out there who>>don't make much money. >>I do realize. And for such folks there is no better option>than having manual in the electronic form and then only print>those pages that are used most often.>>If PMDG can arrange for a professionaly printed (and bound)>manual for the 747 in the $10-$25 price range then more power>to them but I think it won't be easy.>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2No offense Michael, but your "cheap" post sounded a little condescending.To some people, $25 is a lot of money, yet to others, it's a drop in the ocean.The web has a weird way of coming across as a misinterpretation of what is said. A joke can be taken seriously and vice versa.Whatever price they decide on, I'm sure it'll be fair. It's no good everyone here throwing figures at them.I'm quite happy to pay for a manual...whether or not I think it's worth it, going by screenshots, description, etc... is another matter. Let's all just wait and see.:-wave RegardsGozza