Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slowdive

Updated 600/700 VC?

Guest Slowdive

I purchased 737NG about a year ago and just purchased 800/900 a few days ago. I thought I read somewhere that if you purchased 800/900 that you could receive an upgrade for 600/700 that would make the VC totally clickable as it is in the 800/900 product. Was I dreaming this? If not, how/where do I get the upgrade? I tested a 600 after installing 800/900 and it's still the same old non-clickable overhead panel.

Hi there.Simply go to www.precisionmanuals.com. Click on "downloads" tab, then "Service Updates", then "PMDG 737-800/900 Optional Models Update ", then "PMDG 737-800/900 Optional Models Update" again.Be sure to also install the "PMDG 737-800/900 Service Update 1" also available in the "Service Updates" section of the PMDG file library.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgp.s. (please sign your real name in the PMDG forum in your future posts. Thanks!)

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Slowdive

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. Do I still need the service update even if I just purchased the 800/900 two days ago? Oh well. Download it now to be safe.One other question. Once I install this 600/700 patch, will the FMC have the same upgraded functionality as the 800/900? In other words, now that I have the whole smash, are there any drawbacks to flying the 600/700 series?Many thanks

The panel and FMC options are the same regardless of the model after the update.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Really? I never fly the 800/900. As far as performance and overall panel appearance it's the same though right? Are these VC only differences?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

A 800 performs differently that a 600 or 700 and even the 900. This is represented in the flight models amounst other things.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Yeah, well I would expect that. I meant computer resource performance, by the way. I've only flown the 800 a few times and the 900 twice. He said the panels had differences, but I don't recall any. I can't use VC yet, still working towards that upgrade, but I didn't think they were different at all, except maybe what we don't see performance increases in the 800/900, or were those implemented in the latest updates as well? Obviously the update changed a bunch of stuff, like a whole new panel, but this is reflected on all models, same as the FMC enhancements and TCAS. It makes me all too curious now, I'm gonna have to load them tomorrow and see. ;)I'll probably fly a lot more when I can upgrade since this computer is kinda slow with the PMDG. Even a few other add-ons suck up all my resources. I'm looking to build one simlar to yours Randy, except the video card mught be different.ETA: I just ran the 800 then the 700 and the only difference I really saw was in the overhead air conditioning panel. The main panel looked the same to me as did everything else. By the same I mean both have the new panel look, new FMC w/functions, new radio panel, TCAS II, ect...

- Chris