Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

737 NG - Trim noise too loud

There is only one problem I have with this brilliant sim....the trim noise. It appears way too loud compared to the other cockpit sounds and it also continues to run on for a few seconds after the trim switch is released. Before someone comes back and says the noise level and running on is realistic, this may be the case but I find it very irritating every time I trim the airplane. Is there any way I can turn the sound level down or turn it off completely. I have looked in the sound.cfg file and sound folder but can't find it.Many thanksGlen Coyne

Glen

Guest Andrea FS

I noticed the same problem and for me is the same with spoilers sound to drag descent. You can easily change the volume of corresponding *.wav file.The files are PMDG_Trim, PMDG_TrimDown.wav, PMDG_TrimUp in Flight Simulator 9SoundPmdg737tng folder.If you are not able to do it I can send you the lowered ones.Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Andrea,Many thanks for pointing out the correct sound folder. I have managed to reduce the volume of the wave files, it now sounds much better.Thanks againGlen

Glen

Guest _sebastian_

>Andrea,>>Many thanks for pointing out the correct sound folder. I have>managed to reduce the volume of the wave files, it now sounds>much better.>>Thanks again>>GlenMe like to do that also. How do you reduce the volume of a certain .wav file?

I used a .wav editing program called Wavlab to reduce the volume, unfortunately its payware. I think there are several freeware programs around......'cooledit' springs to mind.Glen

Glen

The Sound Recorder in Windows will work just fine, you don't need to download any special programs to reduce the volume in a particular wave file. Just open the file you want to modify and then under the Effects menu you will find the option to decrease the volume and you can click on decrease multiple times till you have the volume you like.BUT!!! Do a backup of all the files you will do modifications to in case anything goes wrong, so you can revert back to the original files in an easy way.Good luck!

Richard Åsberg

Guest _sebastian_

Wow, thanks guys. It works perfectly fine with Windows Sound Recorder by the way :-)