Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Can't change runway for 'RWY EXT'

How do I change the runway in the FMS Arrival page so I can use the 'RWY EXT' function to add a 10 mile fix along the runway approach centreline.I recently tried this on the approach to Shannon (EINN) runway 24, but even with 24 as the ACTIVE runway on the FMS page, the runway indicated at LSK5R was 06, there was nothing I could do to change it to 24. I have now mastered most of the FMS but this is still confusing me.I tried uploading a screenshot to show my problem but the software would not allow me to do it ?Glen Coyne

Glen

Glen, have you tried page 2 ? I'll bet you'll find 24 there:-) As a general rule to get the 'RWY EXT' prompt, select the rwy under RUNWAYS, not the ones under approaches with ILS06, DME24 and so on..

Per,Thanks once again, I did not notice page 2 on the arrivals page, I can now select a runway for RWY EXT.One thing I have noticed though, LSK5R on arrivals page 1 for EINN only shows 06 and on page 2 only shows 24. What is the purpose of LSK5R if it doesn't change to the selected active runway ?Glen

Glen

Glad it worked for you!I'm not quite sure what you mean with "What is the purpose of LSK5R if it doesn't change to the selected active runway ?"LSK1-5R will always list first the approaches (if defined in the procedure file), and then available runways(as defined in the procedure file). If you want to select a rwy without approach procedure, just select the rwy number, 06 or 24.In the APPROACHES section the runways are included with the published approach procedure. If you are cleared for an ILS approach, select (in this case)ILS24. No need to select the rwy on top of that again (not possible either). Maybe this is what you mean?

Per,I have finally realised my mistake. I assumed the LSK5R was always for the runway. I now realise the right hand side is firstly a list of approaches followed by a list of runways, and is was just coincidence that the 'runways' started at LSK5R.Many thanks for putting me right.RegardsGlen

Glen