Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nitzz

PMDG 600/700 and new FSUIPC

Guest Nitzz

I recently registered the newest version of FSUIPC and the second I did that, my PMDG FMC nor my Main Panel has power. I have tried starting with different aircraft and then switching to the PMDG but to no avail. I received an e-mail back from PMDG and they said they knew there was a problem with the newest version. I do know that the PMDG does work with the unregistered FSUIPC but it will not work once it's registered. Since this aircraft is my absolute favorite, I think I want to uninstall FSUIPC and then reinstall the unregistered version. Can anyone help me and tell me "EXACTLY" which files to delete because there are many dll and other files not in a specific folder for FSUIPC as I'm sure you know. Unless, anyone knows the fix keeping the registered version.Thanks,Scott

Hi Scott,I work with Pete Dowson and have all the beta registered versions for FSUIPC and of course I have the PMDG 738 running also. The problem you are describing looks like the battery is switch off. Look at your overhead panel and see if the battery and the main bus switches are off. They are on my panels, which of course will have no power on the main panel. I swith them on follow the checklist and everything works fine.Please post your results, hope this helps Bob

Guest Nitzz

Thanks Bob but that has been checked and rechecked. EVERYTHING else works. I can start the APU, PITOT heat, airpacks, bleed air, etc. The engines will start and all is well. Just no power to the FMC and Main panel. I've switched all the switches and am familiar with this aircraft as I have over 50 hours in it starting "Cold and Dark". PMDG said they knew there was a problem but that's about all they said. The plane worked fine on 3.41 FSUIPC until I registered it. If you work the Mr. Dawson, maybe you can tell me how to uninstall the registered version and go back to the unregistered version?

Guest Andrea

Scott,I've had the same problem: no power for avionics despite of having BATTERY on (and GROUND POWER on).Try the following (referring to the 7 - COCKPIT AND SYSTEMS PMDG Manual): in the GENERATOR DRIVE AND STANBY POWER PANEL (OVERHEAD PANEL) be sure the STANBY POWER SWITCH is AUTO state otherwise you won't have power for avionics when you switch on the BATTERY in AC/DC METRING PANEL.Starting PMDG 737 (with Cessna C172 as default flight set as suggested by tutorials) by default this switch was OFF.Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest GHunter

I have a similar problem. My FMC doesn't seem to work or display anything. The rest of the Avionincs seem normal. No caution lights are lit. Power is fine. All systems are ok, except the FMC. Any clue as to what might be wrong?Thanks,Gary

Guest GHunter

Hey Scott,I was just curious if you got your problem resolved. Please keep us informed. As for me, i am still flying without FMC or CDU. I will keep trying different things until i get it going.Thanks,Gary