Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

CTD (Fatal error in module PMDG_737NG_Main.gau) again...:-(

Hi,Had this problem a couple of days ago and thought I got rid of it after reinstalling the latest AIRAC but now the problem is back again and drives me nuts!!The problem is when I load the 2D panel, if I instead load the VC panel everything is fine. What happens is that the flight loads and after reaching 100% I can see the panel flash for a split second, then the screen becomes blank for about 10-15 seconds and then the error message pops up saying FS9 crached and when clicking on the 'Details' button the info refers to the PMDG_737NG_Main.gau module. Read in an old thread that this isn't a PMDG related problem but how can this be when the problem only occours when loading the 2D panel of the PMDG a/c?Guess I will have to recreate my FS9.CFG after all and hopefully this will make everything go back to normal again permanently but I have lots of other add-ons installed - Active Sky 2004.5, FS2Crew, Ultimate Traffic, Active Camera 2004. Does anyone know if any of those add-ons saves any settings in FS9.CFG that will also be discarded when I delete FS9.CFG?Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Hi,Isn't there anyone who has ever managed to track down what exactly it is in FS9.CFG that causes this problem if it's true that FS9.CFG is the culprit? And again, I still find it strange that this problem in FS9.CFG whatever it might be only affects PMDG's a/c. Would be much less pain if you could just change whatever is wrong within FS9.CFG than recreate the whole file from scratch.TIA,

Richard Åsberg

My memory is fuzzy on this one, but could this have something to do with the FSUIPC version or FSUIPC config file. If it is the config, you need to delete it and let FSUIPC recreate it.Also, drop a message to support@precisionmanuals.com, they may have a few ideas as well.

Thanks for your ideas George, I'll try them both. Guess this isn't the fun kind of post considering the amount of replies I got so far...All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Guest RodCat

I had a similar problem, I had not been flying my pmdg 737, much at all of late. Bad framerates driving me to drink! also I picked up an old 727 & have spent To much time in it the GA 727 Very nice airplane BTW.I wanted to take the 737 up for a whirl and it would CTD everytime it started to load the Aric data. tried new FSUIPC, updated the Aric data with the latest sill no go. Deleted FS9.cfg file aswell.So I did what all good computer nuts do I reinstalled. And all is well again.I spent more time stuffing around trying to fix it than it took to delete and reinstall. PMDG have made it so easy with the livery paint kits it takes no time at all.Rod....

Sounds familiar to spend more time trying to fix the problem than it takes to reinstall and that's just what I'm doing now, actually decided to reinstall Windows XP and everything...guess I could see it as a Christmas clean-up ;-)

Richard Åsberg

Richard-The FS9.cfg is one of the more troublesome aspects of FS9.FS9.cfg is where the simulator stores and creates a significant amount of the information that it needs to maintain your specific customized settings.Unfortunately, it appears that the developers may not have done as good a job in teaching FS9 to clean out stale dated or un-needed information from the FS9.cfg. (not an easy task- but a necessary one given the amount of addons we all use!)Occasionally- this means that FS9.cfg creates more harm than good, as appears to be your case.We have conducted a significant amount of research to determine if there are specific items in the FS9.cfg that cause problems- and the only single area we have found to be problematic is the driver and video card selection information. If you update your display adapter or the drivers- I personally recommend that you enter the FS9.CFG and remove the old entries- or, more simply- delete FS9.CFG and allow the sim to build it.As you can imagine- on the development side it is not uncommong for me to uninstall and reinstall PMDG products 5-10 times per month. I have found that I can go for weeks without a problem- and suddenly FS will simply stop working effectively. A deletion of FS9.cfg fixes the problems....I wish we knew why.... but I'm happy that it works, all the same....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,Of course deleting FS9.CFG might be a "simple" solution if it fixes the problem you have but just like you said most of us use lots of different add-on's and also some of us (I'm one of them) have done other custom changes as well contained in FS9.CFG. When you've had FS installed for over a year or more it's not an easy task to remember all those changes where you've picked up a tip here and there that you put into it and hence deleting FS9.CFG will also delete all those special modifications. That's the reason I'm not very fond of deleting it. Just to reconfigure all key assignements and the settings for the yoke/pedals gives me the creeps.But...like I said I ended up reinstalling everything including Windows XP now and fact is I think that is a good thing to do once in a while even though it's very time consuming.Anyways, thank for your reply and interest in my problem.All the best,

Richard Åsberg