Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

KMIA RUNWAYS MISSING

Hi all! I flewq to KMIA the other day and when closing in on arrival I was going to load the approach into the FMC but I got the error mess, somthing like : KMIA error rwy 8L missing. So I went with visual approach instead. I know that there

Guest Jeff Berman

Just a thought, I'd download the current sid/stars and install them again. :)

Guest thscholz

>I know that there

It is always said the simple things mess things up.......Have you tried entering 08L instead of 8L? Just placing the zero in front of the 8L will make ALL the diff. Hope this helps.....I have had probs entering flight plans into the FMC in the past until I realized the zero was necessary. Cheers and GL......Joe Swier

AS Thomas said there is a new runway at KMIA, and as a result renumbered runways. This has also been included in the Airac and SID/STAR files for a long time now. So the latest Airac cycle, new procedure file and new Afcad/scenery will do the trick. You may also try a search on KMIA here, the issue has been discussed many times.

Pipper: No. If departing from KMIA when coming to the "departure page" (I always go to that page before entering V-speeds to get the correct runways) the FMC it shows NO RUNWAYS to choose from.But I

Hey Captain, KMIA has recently added a 4th runway (in real life), the change is reflected in the latest Airac cycles but not on the default FS9 KMIA airport. The default FS9 KMIA airport has the old runways: 9R-27L, 9L-27R and 12-30. After the new runway was added, the initial layout was:9R-27L, 9L-27R, 12-30, and the new runway 8-26 just north of (and parallel to) runway 9L-27R. However, this caused multiple problems and pilot confusion + landings on the wrong runway.The KMIA layout was then changed again to the current format:9-27 (what used to be 9R-27L)8R-26L (what used to be 9L-27R)8L-27R (the new runway)12-30 (no change on this one)For FS9, what you should do, is use 8R-26L on the FMC/MCU when FS9 assigns you rwy 9L-27R.The above info is all "unofficial" talk I've heard from real-world pilots and on my ATC radio scanner.Kerke :-waveKMIA