Sign in to follow this  
thevanquish

FMC Offset & Holdings

Hi all,I'm experiencing some problems with the LNAV, the aircraft doesn't know where to fly to if I set up a hold or an offset. It just flies right, left and then back right etc... The airaft doesn't follow the path dispayed on the ND. When I set up an offset it's just the same problem...Can anyone solve my problem?Thanks in advanceWouter Sas

Guest Erups

I once had this too when i canceled the last active part of my route to enter a holding (i had already passed the holding navaid).I had to LSK the holding to the LSK1L of the LEGS page and everything went fine.How do you make an offset?

Guest Erups

Unfortunately the screen should have included a shot of the LEGS page instead of the offset to be descriptive.I will try this too and see what happens with an offset.

The aircraft will follow the OFFSET according to the distance you input. L6 or 6L is 6 miles left of the ROUTE.. In other words, if you tell the aircraft you want to fly 6 miles OFFSET it is either left or right of the ROUTE. It will turn LEFT then back RIGHT once it has gone LEFT 6 NM offset of the route and the other way for R6 NM. Those little dashes are showing you were you will be heading with the offset engaged.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Hi, I made a new screenshot from an offset and I also took one from a holding... The FMC legs page didn't mention a thing about the offset (like in your case)...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Guest Erups

Regarding the holding:if you setup your holding on a fix, but you have already passed that fix, you have to go DCT to that fix for the holding to start.Example: you have setup a hold at DVR, but you have already passed that.Then type DVR in the scratchpad, LSK1L it, and be sure that HOLD DVR is displayed as next waypoint after the DVR DCT.This way the plane will enter the holding.Don't know what to say about the offset: it is working for me :(

I can also see that the altitude is off as well. I would suggest a removal and reinstall of the PMDG and go from there. Are you using the latest updates. Version 1.3 for the 600/700 package and version 1.1 if you have the 800/900.Hope it helps,

I have the latest updates installed. About the holding; it was set at the waypoint before reaching it, it is the plane who doesn't follow the path. So that's not the problem.

Wouter,What about the removal and reinstall?

Wouter - I'm at my wits end here. I don't have a clue as to what your problem could be.I would suggest you contact support@precisionmanuals.com for an in-depth analysis of your setup.Hope it helps,