Sign in to follow this  
Allflight57

graphics card with PMDG

Hi I was thinking about getting a graphics card for Christmas.....the ATI radeon 9200. Can any0one who has it tell me how its runs with the PMDG 737s...thats the main reason I want to get it. ThanksTyler

Guest shaheedan

Hi Tyler ,As i know, the lowest level (when consider frame rate at almost airport in FS9 ) of graphics card is ATI 9600XT or PRO, i'm using 9600XT and feel not really happy of FPS, better you go at least 9800 pro. then you satisfied.Regards,Shaheedan Abdul WahabOil Town,Malaysia

Hi ShaheedanThe thing is though I get blury textures with all of my default planes and scenery and all of my sliders are at minimum with the traffic slider at 100% and at KSFO for example i still get only about 4 FPS in spot plane and 6 in the 2d panel all I have is the stuff that came with my computer exept I upgraded my RAM about a year ago....with that said....do you think that the ATI 9200 will help? plus my spending limit is around 100-110 bucks. What about any of the geforce graphics cards like the 5500?PS I need one with PCI and I havent found any of the radeons with PCI cmpatiblilty all I can find are the geforce 5500 and 5200 that have PCI capabiltiy.ThanksTyler

Guest shaheedan

Hi Tyler,Just imagine here my PC spec. Asus P4P800-X motherboard, Intel P4 1.6Ghz, 768 MB DDR400 RAM, 40 GB Maxtor HDD, Powercolor ATI Readeon 9600XT Bravo, Win XP SP1,running with super tweak.I have Radar contact v3.1, Active camera 2.0 and FSauto start running in FS9.1from my spec,and fly 737-700 PMDG 2D panel, traffic set to 30%(with all my own AI traffic), and all setting set to middle range, i only get 15-20 FPS, even worse if i flown to the area that have high density of cloud,only 8 -11 FPS,so, you just think of it.RegardsShaheedan Abdul Wahab,Oil Town,Malaysia

Tyler - it's not worth it to "upgrade" to any of those cards - you need to save up and either build a whole new system or get a motherboard that will allow you to put an AGP or PCIe card in there. A Radeon 9200 is junk honestly and you won't get anywhere near the kind of performance/look you want. A GeForce 6600GT would probably be the best thing to get as far as a relatively low cost card that can run FS9 very well.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ArkPu

I have an ATI radeon 9800 pro and it's work fine with good graphic options.RegardsArnaud Dehouxhttp://www.virtualcargolux.org/home/img/pmdg_banner.gifActual config : AMD athlon xp 1700+ @1466mhz, ASUS A7V266-E, 512mb DDRAM pc2100, Sapphire ATI radeon 9800proFurther config : AMD athlon 64 fx-55(socket 939), MSI K8N Neo2 Platinium, Corsair twinx 1024mb DDRAM pc3200 XL(2x512mb), ATI radeon 9800pro.