Sign in to follow this  
Guest schimmi

human copilot with gates.to software and PMDG

Guest schimmi

Hi!You might have heard of the copilot software of http://gates.to which is going into public beta soon. It will allow two people to fly the same aircraft over the internet, one as pilot and one as copilot.The developers write that there will be some necessary work for complex aircrafts to do, but it shouldn't be too hard. I can't judge, I don't know the 737's internals.Is there any plan to implement that? I am sure that this would increase the value of the PMDG a lot. I can hardly imagine any current addon which would deserve support for real copilots more and where it would make more sense because of the aircraft complexity.Though I would understand a negative answer because PMDG's devs are certainly working hard on the 747 and MD11. If other people would be interested in this too, please speak up here! Maybe it might help the dev team to put aside some work power :)Schimmi

Guest nattydread

Me and my flight school class mates would lose our minds if this was available. We all swear by PMDG and would love to use this to hone our skills for school.

Guest lamont

Schimmi:Got a chance to try it out a couple of weeks ago as our VA is thinking about using it for training. Gotta tell ya it is awesome. Took a 747 for a circuit around SFO a few times as PF and PNF. Now that's as "real as it gets".Right now I believe it only supports MS a/c but I believe they're working on getting the specs they need to incorporate the more complex a/c such as the PMDG and others. That no withstanding, just hearing your co-pilot call out 80 knots, V1 V2 and then asking for gear-up, etc. is just awesome.I would say once it goes public flight simming will never be the same.

Guest dghart

Totally agree! As much as I love the PMDG, it would help to have an F/O flipping a few switches for me!I've been hoping someone would take on this project, it's a natural...Please PMDG! Try and work with these folks if at all possible, we'd all like to have this!!(oh my god! I almost forgot to sign my name!-)Dave HartMerry Christmas to all!! >Schimmi:>>Got a chance to try it out a couple of weeks ago as our VA is>thinking about using it for training. Gotta tell ya it is>awesome. Took a 747 for a circuit around SFO a few times as>PF and PNF. Now that's as "real as it gets".>>Right now I believe it only supports MS a/c but I believe>they're working on getting the specs they need to incorporate>the more complex a/c such as the PMDG and others. That no>withstanding, just hearing your co-pilot call out 80 knots, V1>V2 and then asking for gear-up, etc. is just awesome.>>I would say once it goes public flight simming will never be>the same.>>:-wave :-wave

Guest schimmi

Hi!I can imagine that it is awesome. I just hope that they have more tricks in their pocket than just synchronizing the "public" token variables of fs2004. When I see that correctly PMDG puts a lot of their gauges into one DLL. Hence, probably they don't use public structures to communicate at all, but call their code directly. Do you have any idea how the gates.to addon works?Schimmi

Guest lamont

Schimmi,I don't have a clue as to the inner workings of the program. I do know that the programmers would need information from the developers (PMDG, PIC, Dreamfleet) in order to make it work. Whether they can get that info is up to the developers. Would be nice though if they could.