Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Autobrakes

Guest gremel

I forgot to add that I'm currently using the FSUIPC version 3.4.0.0Regards again,jack

Just an addition to my recent post. I am using the latest registered FSUIPC v 3.44.Happy Christmas,Brian.

>I too am suffering from a refusal of the autobrakes to>function. They used to work very well in both the rejected>takeoff and landing modes, in fact I used to practice >rejected TO`s regularly, then for no apparent reason the>situation became as it is now. I fly the PMDG737-800 series>exclusively. Default 737 autobrakes function properly.>>Puzzled of Cheltenham,>>Brian. Are you RIGHT CLICKING on the TOGA BUTTON for the rejected TO??? Try that then tell me if it works.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Thanks for your reply Randy. I have in fact programmed a button, via the PMDG keyboard command menu, (and FSUIPC) into my CH throttle to cancel the TOGA on Take off. This works well. The trouble is that the autobrakes fail to work altogether, both on TO and landing. Autobrakes used to work well and then suddenly ceased to work. This was not connected to any modifications that I have made to the aircraft, indeed my PMDG737 is a standard installation with the one exception, that being a pushback facility, installed at a very early stage. Long before the autobrakes ceased to work.Any ideas would be welcomed.Brian.

Process of elimination Brian, Uninstall the NG product using the remover tool located on PMDG's site. Re-install Do NOT setup any keys, simply takeoff and right-click on the TOGA button and see if it works. This way you know something got messed up with trying to set it via FSUIPC etc..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Hi all,I have solved my problem I am glad to say. My brakes were processed through FSUIPC v 3.44. When I cancelled that and used the fs(2004) sensitivies to give me the null area I require, bingo, welcome back autobrakes. Simple but effective.Thanks to those who tried to help and a very happy Christmas to you all.Brian

Guest gremel

Brian,What do you mean when you said your brakes were ...processed...through FSUIPC v 3.44?? What sensitivities did you use in FS2004? The sensitivity for the Throttles? Was it too low or too high?Regards,jack

Hi,I had used the FSUIPC "Joystics" page to set the dead zone for my brakes. My fsuipc is a registered prog. not the freebe. If you don`t have a registered copy then I do not believe that you have the facility to programme your joysticks.I have the 2004 sensitivity of the throttle now set to max. together with about 8-10% dead zone.Hope this helps, if still not understood let me know.Brian.

Guest gremel

Thanks Brian for your help. I set the sensitivities on the throttle and still no autobrakes. I took the FSUIPC 3.44 and deleted it since I was having way too many problems with it and reinstalled the 3.4.0.0 version and everything is back to normal except the autobrakes. Very frustrating. I bought the 8/900 with the FSUIPC version that came with it and I'm assuming it was the FSUIPC 3.4.0.0 version. I do not have a registered copy but I would have assumed that PMDG would have had the autobrakes working with that version...I'm truly mystified as to why they do not function. Regards again,jack

Hi Jack,Your problem is very mysterious. Are you using CH equipment, if so are you using CH control manager?I am sure that the autobrakes function with the supplied fsuipc but I would doubt that version would be 3.4, I thought that the unregistered versions were 2.something.I however run v3.44 (registered) with no problem. I do not see your Autobrake issue as being other than a brake control setting issue. Presumably you hav`nt been editing anything in the PMDG department ie.air files and the like?I was surprised how my problem was fixed so easily, I am sure that yours is as simple. It`s just a matter of finding where to look.Brian.

Guest gremel

Brian,Thanks again for your reply. I haven't added or edited any of the file from PMDG. I'll try to install the same FSUIPC that I use in FS2002 for PIC767 and see if that makes a difference. If not, I guess I'll try to do an uninstall for the 8/900 and re-install it if that's possible. I hope I don't have to uninstall the original 6/700 also..Does anybody know this or better yet, does anybody have a FSUIPC version that is a 2.9 (something) that works with the 8/900 update?Sorry to bug you guys, but this is soooo frustrating. Worst case is that I can definitely live without the autobrake function but it would be nice to have....Kind of like I could get used to driving a Ferrari, but would also be happy with a Lamborghini...Regards,jack

I use the UNREGISTERED VERSION of FSUIPC, always have and have Autobraking Jack.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest gremel

Hi Randy,Any problem with you emailing me the unregistered version or is this something I can download from Pete Dowson's site?? BTW, what is the version number of the unregistered FSUIPC? If I can get it on his site and knowing what the number is should solve the problem. If not, could you or someone email it to me as an attachment...My email is jnoullet@innova.netRegards and many thanks,jack

Guest Erups

Fsuipc current version is always available atwww.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThe program is only one, you get more functions just by keying in your customer code. There are not two different programs.I always install latest FSUIPC and have everything working.Checked landing weight?Tried complitely (uninstalled) without the CH controls?