Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Autobrakes

Gremel, what is your touch down speed and landing weight with your 700? This would help a lot for duplicating your problem.

Guest gremel

Jean-ClaudeMy Gross landing weight was 127,000 lbs and my Vref was 131+5 or 136kts.I ran off of a 11,000ft runway with a CMD autoland and armed spoilers with autobrake set at max and full thrust reversers until 70kts.. When I hit the manual brakes, the autobrake disarm light turned on and the autobrake switch was in the max position where it remained.I'm lost.Autobrakes do not occur on takeoff either..Regards,jack

When I hit the manual brakes, the autobrake disarm light turned on and the autobrake switch was in the max position where it remained. Any time you touch the brakes manually this will happen. Do not touch the brakes and see what happens. Make sure the spoilers are actually deployed too.. The switch will indeed stay there EVEN IF theu disconnect since one has to manually position the lever (Not spring loaded)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest gremel

Randy,I sorry if I confused anybody about the manual brakes and the disarm light going on but I did not touch anything with the autoland and had the autobrakes at max. I touched down and the spoilers deployed and did not touch the rudder pedals or the yoke or anything and I ran off the 11,000ft runway at 39 kts. It was only after I ran off the runway that I braked using the manuals which finally stopped it.Still amazed and confused. If you have the old (Un-registered version) of the FSUIPC, would you mind sending it to me..Thanks & regards again.jack

Jack as mentioned before there is no such thing as "old (Un-registered version) of the FSUIPC" They are the same program. The current one I believe is the 3.44. When you register the FSUIPC you get alot more control. Instead of 3 or 4 tabs at the top you have 7 or 8 I can't remember. The point is if you have tried the 3.44 already which is probably the same one that Randy is using then it is not a problem with FSUIPC. You mentioned earlier that you are using Analog Yoke and Rudders is that correct? If so this could be where your problem is. Check and see if it is analog(has thumb screws) or USB(just plugs in with a very small plug). You might also try to use another joystick and see if you are getting the same problems. What is your Operating system? Is it XP? If so, I don't believe analog can be used correctly with XP someone will correct me if I am wrong.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest gremel

Jeremy,Thanks for the info. I have the analog (screw-in) plug on the rear of the computer and analog rudder..both CH products running on windows XP. They used to work fine until I updated to the 8/900 series from PMDG...Any other suggestions are welcome..Regards & thanks for your info.jack

Jack,The analog yoke, rudder and throttles should work fine with Windows XP, I have the same and no problem whatsoever. One last suggestion on my side, did you check whether your reverse thrust was really active, did you get your REV green light on your EICAS. Are you using any button for reverse or F2?Out of curiosity, when stopped on the runway with iddle thrust, pull your full reverse and see if your airplane moves back as it should (this is an unorthodox "push back" method I have seen used by an MD87 pilot at Orlando no so long ago...), if it does move back, then to uninstall your PMDG 737 and reinstall it should take care of this problem as you might have some corrupted files somewhere. I had a similar problem that no one was able to help me with and a reinstall solved the matter for good.I read that you checked your rudder pedals, did you try their effectiveness with other planes like the MSFS default ones, do they respond correctly when you taxi your plane, actually this is one of your first taxi check items to see if your brakes are effective, since you have no PAX to complain for your rudeness, give them a jolt to a full stop when you taxi and see how long you need to get from 20 kts to 0. If this is not satisfactory, recalibrate them until you get what you should have.Good luck!

Guest gremel

Jean-Claude,Thanks for your help in trying to resolve my dilemna..I definitely have reverse thrust and can move the aircraft backwards with a good healthy 54% of N1...so, I really am lost as to what to do. I have rudder effectiveness with all other aircraft including the PMDG 737 NG but have 'zero' autobraking. The other brakes work great and can stop me on the ground with VREF+5 of 137kts and gross landing wgt's approx 128,000lbs....SOoooo, I'll probably end up doing a re-install of the add-on 8/900 if that's possible, or do I have to do a complete un-install of the entire 6/700 along with the 8/900 ??Does anybody know if I can do just the 8/900 un-install or do I have to do both of them?Regards & thanks again,jack

Guest gremel

Jean-Claude,Thank you for all your help and everybody else who tried to solve this problem of mine. I will probably do a complete (full) un-install and then a full re-install using the PMDG website uninstaller that you mentioned. Regards & thanks to all once again,jack