Sign in to follow this  
Guest pranavkumarz

Ultimate Traffic | Details Wanted

Guest pranavkumarz

Hi Folks,Im posting this here since I havent got any answers to this as yet on the other forums:I am considering adding that realism in my simming and planning on picking up Ultimate traffic. Can anyone please tell me if it will work with the following specifications on my machine:Pentium IV CPU 1.90GHz 512 MB of RAM Intel 82845G Graphics Controller - dont know much about computers more than that....so don't know what else exists on my PC!Bearing in mind I also use the following impeccable aircraft: PMDG's entire 737NG series, Flight1's ATR and Real Air's Spitfire.So will Ultimate Traffic blow my frame-rates?Is there anything I need to do to upgrade my machine? Also can anyone tell me if UT covers all airports in the world? Will I be for example go into New Delhi's International airport and see all associated AI traffic of a particular country's domestic airlines? - I ask this since I live in India and want to know the 'regional relevance; of UT.Appreciate your inputs.Thanks,-Pranav

Onboard graphics probably aren't gonna give you the type of performance you want with a lot of AI and the NG or ATR panels. Do you have an AGP slot on the board? If so, consider upgrading your video to something more modern...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest obriets

Hi, I've used Ultimate Traffic successfully on a Pentium 1.2 without too much frame rate hit. ran real nice. Your P1.9 should be OK. I Have an AMD 64 FX-53 now using 1600X1200 resolution and still notice some impact by UT on frame rates, but I'm also using full graphics all the way and Active weather. You really only take the graphics hit when on the ground so its not so bad. Regardless, I love Ultimate Traffic. UT is an excellent program and the realism is fantastic. As for your New Delhi question, the answer is yes. You can go to the far corners of the earth and you will see different civil regional and transport aircraft liveries, plus the default traffic. Its main drawback is lack of military traffic, plus it has a little quirk with sometimes doubling AI aircraft on final. Nonetheless, it makes taxiing a lot more fun than always seeing empty airports. Its also just fun to sit there and watch the traffic around you.Thomas O'BrienPearland, TX

Don't even dream about it, it will KILL your system with your specs and the NG running. Sure you could lesson the traffic to NILL but then why purchase it to only run 1/10th of the program?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest Boone

You'd be 'okay' with traffic set at around 30-40%. It will certainly add hassle free realism.The nice thing is Ultimate Traffic has a user friendly utility you can use to swap out their models for more frame rate friendly (and free) AI Aardvark and FSPainter models.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Guest paulh1502

HiI use UT set at about 40-50% and its great and i still manage about 16-20fps, the great thing as mentioned before is that you can go to any airport and you will see the associated traffic.It's woth the money, and providing you get the balance right it makes the whole fs experience more enjoyable.Paul

Guest pranavkumarz

Thanks guys for all your inputs. Great to know that UT is such an awesome program. One last question, I were to buy a video/graphic card, is there any particular brand or type which is known to have the least compatability or known issues with MSFS or PMDG? and what size do you recommend? 128?256?Cheers,-Pranav

Guest _sebastian_

>One last question, I were to buy a video/graphic card, is there any >particular brand or type which is known to have the least >compatability or known issues with MSFS or PMDG? and what size do >you recommend? 128?256?Radeon 9800Pro 128, definitely. I have an Athlon 1800, 1GB, the mentioned graphics card and get between 15-25 fps in PMDG739 VC. This is with Ultimate Traffic @ 60 and ActiveSky/3D cloud/Density full on mind you! Get some reviews. You'll soon see that on planet Earth this card is above the rest. If you absolutely insist on having 256 mb, go for Radeon 9800Pro 256. I don't think fs9 will benefit from this, but maybe Doom 3 will! ;-)

Guest FreddyG

One more thing about using UT. I have both, UT and MyTraffic on a computer that has all bells and whistles for flt simming. I found that for whatever reason UT slowed my system down at large airports in particular,like watching a slide show, MT didn't.Traffic schedules at those airports were basically equally busy. UT is easier to use than MT but it has a good forum and prompt support. I would go for MT on slower computer systems.