Sign in to follow this  
fozzy

747-400 SF

Suppose it's late now, but any chance of seeing this? :Dhttp://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/p...pr_041220g.htmlSEATTLE, Wash., Dec. 20, 2004 -- Boeing [NYSE:BA] employees recently shipped components that a supplier partner in China will use to convert the prototype Boeing 747-400 Special Freighter. Here, employees remove air from packaging material to create a watertight liner for a crate that houses floor beams. Launched in January with an order from Cathay Pacific, the Special Freighter program transforms 747-400 passenger planes into freighters. In addition to Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines International Co., Ltd, Korean Air, Nippon Cargo Airlines and Guggenheim Aviation Partners have placed 22 firm orders and hold 19 options for 747-400 Special Freighters.Thanks, Luca

Is really nobody intersted in the 744 cargo? :( Luca

Guest nandrzej

I think people are interested in 744 cargo and from memory there will be a freighter version. To confirm peform a search on this forum.Making the SF freighter version may be more complicated than PMDG is willing to undertake before release.regards, Nick

i was just looking for some answers or comment. I know there will be a cargo version but that's based on the 742 hull. Possibly there were enough info for making a 744 frighter without the need to wait for an addon, i don't know in which depth the systems have been changed for the SF, but if not it would possiby be only a cargo door to add and a new repaint. Luca