Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankathl

737NG Deutsches Tutorial

Guest frankathl

Jens-Albert Schenk has written what appears to be a very comprehensive and very well presented tutorial on the 737NG, from a cold & dark start to cold & dark stop(:-)). Unfortunately(for me), it is in the German language, and mine is primitive, to say the least. Anyone fancy translating 115 pages of technical German?(Or, maybe 115 people translating 1 page of technical German! :-). Hmm...interesting idea...NOT!).Search for pmdg737_tutorial_ger.zip here on AVSIM.BR,Frank

Guest laurie0236

I cant help with any of the translations, but just thought I would bump this back to the top again.cheers

Guest thscholz

:-lol Sure, Frank!I could do it. Gimme until tomorrow. Who cares for Christmas (well, maybe my son will).CheersThomas

Guest frankathl

Hi Thomas,EDIT: My sense of humor must be missing today(just back at work after Christmas)! You were just pulling my leg, right?--------Just seeing this now in 2005! Thank you for the kind offer, but I hope you didn't spend time away from family just for this!If you manage to do the translation during the coming weeks, that would be a great New Year present! :-)Best Regards,Frank

Guest thscholz

>>EDIT: My sense of humor must be missing today(just back at>work after Christmas)! You were just pulling my leg, right?>-------->Yes, Frank, sorry to disappoint you.But you must admit that the request for a translation of 115 pages (:-eek ) around christmas is a bit...let's say exotic.;-) At this time I'm so busy at home that I hardly managed to find the time for four flights in the 737 during the last three months.On the other hand, my english is definitely not good enough for such a translation.CheersThomas

Guest frankathl

You're right, Thomas! And my request was a bit cheeky :-).By the way, have you gone through the tutorial? Is it as good as it looks?BR,Frank

Guest thscholz

>By the way, have you gone through the tutorial?>No. Actually I downloaded it shortly before my last post in this thread in order to have a look at it.It looks good to me at first sight.But I've seen that the author is not using my cargo door gauge, so I'm not willing to go through the tutorial.:-lol CheersThomas

Guest forever_49ers

Frank,was rushing through the tutorial. Chapter 1 : you can skipChapter 2 : the pics are self explanatory I'd say on the settings for fuel / load and FS9Chapter 3 : Instruments are well explained in the PMDG manualsChapter 4 : Pre-Flight Inspection settings are in English so just follow his steps. The only difficult part would be the FMC programming.Chapters 5 - 22 he explains the flight. You might wanna have that translated to fully understand.If you still need translation I would be able to help on a few pages, but I cant translate the whole thing (at least not in a short amount of time ;) ) Jens posted his mail address on the tutorial, ever tried to contact him if he has a English translation for it already ?StevePS: www.leo.org might help you on the short run, being a very good online translator.

Guest frankathl

Thanks a lot for replying, Steve!Yes, I agree, a good deal of the tutorial is self-explanatory. I guess it would have been nice to have had an English translation, but it's not on my essential list. I was impressed with the layout and what looked like a very comprehensive approach, and thought it would make an interesting addition to my library. Thank you for offering your translation services. If I ever come back to this, I might appeal for your help, but I think I'm going to leave it for now. I think the reason I didn't ask Jens was that his stated purpose in writing it was to address the lack of tutorials in the German language, so I assumed there would not be an English text available(but maybe I'll drop him a line, anyway! :-)).Best regards,Frank