Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

3DMark2001

Guest EGLD

Does anyone here have any results they'd like to share with the above software? I was not entirely happy with FS2002's performance with a newly purchased GF4 Ti4600 128mb so I installed and ran this program. I got 9620How does this compare to everyone else? my spec. is as follows;P4 1.8 O/C to 1979mhz512mb DDRWinxp ProGeforce 4 Ti4600 128mb DDRthanks

I get 7381 with my setup.Thats a Athlon XP2100512 meg DDR memoryGeforce 3 graphics cardWindows XP

8818 here. I can't imagine how some people are able to get scores twice as high as mine...must be extreme overclocking.

Guest Joshieca

Are you people using 3DMark2001 second ed??Because your scores seem low.....if so, I guess my system is not so bad after all...Asus A7V266E moboXP1900+512RAMGF4 Ti4600 AsusWINXP PRO29.40 Det my score is 11023

Guest PaulL01

>Does anyone here have any results they'd like to share with >the above software? I was not entirely happy with FS2002's >performance with a newly purchased GF4 Ti4600 128mb so I >installed and ran this program. I got 9620 >>How does this compare to everyone else? my spec. is as >follows; >>P4 1.8 O/C to 1979mhz >512mb DDR >Winxp Pro >Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb DDR >12k+ (see bellow in my sig.)this was the first run with the new card installed (Gainward Golden Sample TI4400) and this will go up once I go back to "tweaking" and overclocking the card, she should be good for 13k or more but will see...Edit: Oops that score was with my old PNY-TI4400, the Gainward O/C much higher. :) Why dont the rest of you folks post your "compare" links as it is far more intresting than just the score.

Gosh!! I just downloaded the benchmark and ran it using all default choices== got only 2878. P4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon 8500 using Omega driver (latest), Soundblaster Live sound card. Boy, this number is very low== is it the nVidia chips you others are using or are you using other settings in the benchmark test? Using this rig, in FS2002 I have most sliders full except for terrain texture quality (70%), AA off 1280x1024 res, and I can generally keep fps at the locked value of 30. Gee, I wasn't dissatisfied with my rig until I ran the damned benchmark!!Richard Ball

Guest Joshieca

Run the test from a cold boot...allow your computer to cool down for a bit, run the tests as soon as you boot....Turn off AA and VSYNC. Run all tests at 1024x768x32.>Gosh!! I just downloaded the benchmark and ran it using all >default choices== got only 2878. P4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RDRAM, >Radeon 8500 using Omega driver (latest), Soundblaster Live >sound card. Boy, this number is very low== is it the nVidia >chips you others are using or are you using other settings >in the benchmark test? Using this rig, in FS2002 I have >most sliders full except for terrain texture quality (70%), >AA off 1280x1024 res, and I can generally keep fps at the >locked value of 30. Gee, I wasn't dissatisfied with my rig >until I ran the damned benchmark!! >Richard Ball

I get about 8600 3DMarks.Epox 8KHA+ (VIA KT266A)XP1900+Geforce3 Ti500512MB RAM (Crucial Cas2.5 memory @ Cas2)Windows XPThe score would surely improve with a new graphics card, but on the other hand, the graphics card isn't very important for FS2002.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Joshieca

Yes, your score is right about on the mark....when I had my Ti500 my score was 8832 over clocked......Now that I updated to Ti4600 its over 11K.>I get about 8600 3DMarks. >>Epox 8KHA+ (VIA KT266A) >XP1900+ >Geforce3 Ti500 >512MB RAM (Crucial Cas2.5 memory @ Cas2) >Windows XP >>The score would surely improve with a new graphics card, but >on the other hand, the graphics card isn't very important >for FS2002.

wow Paul! Nice score! We have very similar setup now apart from the CPU.I killed my motherboard or RAM :( I think it's the motherboard.As soon as I get my comp running I'll have to tweak and try and match that setup :-hahDon't think my XP1600+ will overclock as well as your CPU Paul.Anyway, I got 10529 with my old Asus A7V333, XP 1700+ not overclocked (Default FSB for the Asus is 135) my Ti4400 was overclocked to 300/655 and I was using Kingmax PC2100 DDR.http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3541879

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest jabberthecat

Similiar results here:~ 7400Athlon XP2000512MB DDR-266GF4-ti4600Myles

Guest PaulL01

>wow Paul! Nice score! We have very similar setup now apart >from the CPU. 10k+ is not to shabby for a 1.5ghz either!>I killed my motherboard or RAM :( I think it's the >motherboard. Why/how?>As soon as I get my comp running I'll have to tweak and try >and match that setup :-hah >>Don't think my XP1600+ will overclock as well as your CPU >Paul. Some do, tis just the luck of the draw though.>Anyway, I got 10529 with my old Asus A7V333, XP 1700+ not >overclocked (Default FSB for the Asus is 135) my Ti4400 was >overclocked to 300/655 and I was using Kingmax PC2100 That was about all I could get out of my PNY/MSI 4400 but this Gainward has done 305 max core with memory running at 680 and it seems she will do more, will see. ;)

I'm not entirely sure how the motherboard died. But it was in the RAM Dimm, they had a burnt smell :-lolI don't think I seated the memory correctly when I was messing with it. Luckily I took it back to the store and they swapped it right away, I came home and it's all working now.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest JonP01

Paul,Great! I see you finally got the Geforce 4 Ti Mark II Sapphire Deluxe Special Edition with the Brute Force Algorythm Quad Pumped Vertex Shader engine. Looking forward to your Geforce 3 Ti vs Geforce 4 Ti4400 observations! ;) And as 3D Mark 2001 start to approach car prices...