Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZOTAN

New Computer....

Guest ZOTAN

Well my computer is getting kind of old, and I am now looking for a new system. Do you guys have any suggestions as what to get? My budget it pretty much anything under 1500....Thanks,Matt

Guest ArkPu

I have something good for you.AMD athlon 64 fx-55(socket 939), MSI K8N Neo2 Platinium, Corsair twinx 1024mb DDRAM pc3200 XL(2x512mb), ATI radeon 9800pro 256bits from Sapphire.Normaly this config is under 1500

Guest Buck Bolduc

I use a Athlon 64-3400+, MSI Neo fsr2 mobo, 1 gig Corsair memmory, 21" Viewsonic CRT, and a NVidia 6800 GT 256 with 2 74 gig WD Raptor HD's,Oh, an Antec 430 watt PSU, CD-rom, DVD,CD reader writer.Maxed out the sliders in FS9 and set anostophic (did I spell that right?) and AA to the highest values. It's allmost like watching TV pic quality wise, no jaggies whatsoever. I locked the frames at 60 FPS and they pretty much stay at 60 FPS.Nothing against Intel, but I would not by a 32 bit proc., not when I can get a 64 bit chip for less. Granted, there is not a lot of 64 bit software out there, how about next year or the year after?I can tell you that FS runs faster under MS Win XP Pro 64 bit beta OS than it does under Win XP Pro 32 bit.The new SLI mobo's seem to be very expensive, one does not need the latest and greatest to get decent performance using FS9. My A64-3400 754 pin cost me $400.00 when it came out. You can buy it for a little over $200.00 now. I started with the above with the proc. and mobo, but with an old HD and a NVidia TI-4200, it was OK. Changed to ATI 9800 Pro 128, better, added the HD's, better yet, you get the idea.If you live in the US and are a bit handy with a screwdriver I would advise you to order a new proc, mobo, and memmory from Monarch Computer or NewEgg, they will mount the proc and memmory, burn it in, your chance of getting a DOA part is greatly reduced. If you allready have a decent case all you have to do is mount the mobo in it, I would advise a PSU upgrade if your unit is less than 400 watts and you want to add faster drives etc. The newer Video cards use a lot more power allso.Your much better off building your own machine in the manner stated above IMHO. Most of the stuff in the stores is propriatory and not EXACTLY what you want or need.C & H yoke & pedals are greate to.I'v built over 70 machines this year, found Monarch and NewEgg to be very reliable.Good Luck

>I have something good for you.>AMD athlon 64 fx-55(socket 939), MSI K8N Neo2 Platinium,>Corsair twinx 1024mb DDRAM pc3200 XL(2x512mb), ATI radeon>9800pro 256bits from Sapphire.>Normaly this config is under 1500

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ArkPu

I have bought this config for approximatly 1400

I misread and thought you were saying $1500, not Euros... that's like $1900, and I still maintain that getting one of the newer vid cards that can do full AA/AF without any real performance hit is gonna be a better way to go than getting the top CPU.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com