Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave1974

takeoff and crash

Guest dave1974

I am new to pmdg 737ng 600/700 bought it not realising how complexed it is but never the less gritting my teeth i have tried and failed i have worked out the fmc i think my nav dsplay shows correct navigation info but when i takeoff and press auto pilot the plane just heads south and lands/crashesI press auto pilot engage and vnav and lnav vnav lights up but lnav does not but i have noticed that the cmd a switch does not light up like in the tutorial flight it does not keep its mcp settings as set but still nose dives even though flaps are set to 5%i am only trying a test flight from stanstead egss rnwy 5 to gatwick egkk rmwy 26lplease help

Guest hlm65

Hi,please check the following:-what is the heading selected on the MCP ?-what is the altitude in the ATL window on the MCP-have you checked that your flight plan/FMC entries are all correct ? (that is: legs page without discontinuities, INIT page completed with ZFW, reserves, cost index, cruising altitude, cruise winds and cruise temp, N1 settings - reduced TO/CLB or full thrust, Takoff page completed with flaps setting, V1/VR/v2)-did you engage autothrottle and press the left upper corner of the MCP to set TO/GA thrust ?-at which altitude and in what attitude you are when engage autopilot? (you can engage HDG SEL/LNAV when passing 400ft AGL and VNAV passing 800 to 1000 ft AGL, accelerating and retracting flaps on schedule; then you can engage the auopilot when passing at least 1000ft AGL: you'll get initially the FD bars showing you correct attitude to be manually flown to get selected HDG/LNAV course and correct attitude as per the VNAV profile and then when you engage the A/P, the airplane will fly the correct path/profile)-try to make the pre-flight preparation as per the manuals/tutorials-try to follow the checklists provided with the manualHope this helps you.

Guest Juzzflyer

Flight Director switch (F/D) position???

Guest dave1974

f/d position is on it just seems that a/p is not picking up with the fmc do i need to tell it a t what alt it picks up and if so where in the fmc do i put it and will it only work at that height or any height adove it?

Guest hlm65

You must input an altitude in the MCP window for the A/P to climb/descent to it. This altitude will override any altitude you input into the FMC, except if climbing/descending to a "hard" constraint altitude in the LEGS page.Further, the A/P will climb/descent to a selected altitude only if:V/S is engaged and a V/S is elected orLVL CHG is engaged orVNAV is engagedand a higher/lower altitude than the one you are presently at.When you set in the preflight process (PERF INIT page) the CRZ altitude, this must be matched by the selected alitude in the MCP, if not, the A/P will climb you only to the MCP altitude. Once you are in the CRZ, you can change your CRZ altitude in the CRZ page of the FMC (and remember to alter accordingly the MCP altitude).Hope this helps and Merry Christmas !

Dave, download this step by step tutorial flight I made for some others who were having trouble learning for the first time and just wanted to fly. Go through it and make sure you're doing all the right steps.http://members.cox.net/orlaam/PMDG_Flight.rtfP.S. This is just a sample flight in it's simplest form.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest dave1974

followed your guide and followed suggested kiad to kjfk in fmc manual all flight data is ok it says pre flight complete and theres no discontinuance all flight plan is correct on ND but literally anything on the autopilot does not work even if i change alltitude and press alt hold it still drops but i have noticed when i did the very first tutorial in the non fmc manual (the software manual ) them cmd a is lit up on the right side of the mcp non of the cmds light can anyone work out the settings for mcp and fmc and test them on theres and pass info/settings to me so i can do exact same and rule out software fault i am trying to do stanstead uk (EGSS) to gatwick uk (EGKK) thanks anyone

Man, I don't know then. You have all the updates/patches installed? I've never had a problem, so I can't say. Hopefully someone on here will have some suggestions. :)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Dave - Could you try to take a screenshot and post it here. I'm sure it's something really simple to solve your problem.Happy holidays, :-beerchug

Guest cliff

Chris your Tutorial is just another example of how helpful our Flight Sim community are.I too have been experiencing trouble in understanding the FMC and one of our Members wrote a tutorial specially for me. Additionally he has helped answer my queries.You too are being so helpful. I've downloaded and printed your Tutorial and will work my way through it too. Both of you have been generous with your time and experience and I thought you should know that it's appreciated.Thank you so much.Cliff

Guest dave1974

Ihave done some shots of FMC and cockpit they are not very good but i cant see anything that would cause the prob altough I am a novice but the odd thing is i went back to the start and did the very first tutorial which when i first did it worked fine but i flew it again the second time and it had the same fault i am considering unistall and re-isntalling 737ng to see if that fixes the faultUnfortunatly the file size is to big to upload as there are several pictures but if you use bearshare P2P the file name to search for is pmdg737 faults and is 3,325bytes in size or send me an email to david_roberts1974@hotmail.com thanks anyone apreciate helpOH!!!!! one thing i breifly noticed there was an fmc warn light on my panel where the a/t warn light is after takeoff I looked at the fmc and it had something i did not understand about something being disconnected:-hang

OK dude, first of all, take a deep breath and calm down. Do that twice. After that, read the manual. Twice :)After that, go STEP-by-STEP through default tutorial or the one suggested. Or find any other tutorials, do a search on the forums, there are really more than one tutorial flight.Secondly, asking people for P2P isn't the way of sharing screenshots in this community. There are many many programs on the internet (freeware/shareware) that allow you to save BMPs (since you said their size is 3mb) into JPEGs and also resize them so they have max. size of 125kb.And btw. when you see disconnected, it's either FMC disconnect, A/P disconnect or A/T disconnect. All of those three can cause big troubles.After all that, post your sceenshots here on the forum, and I'm sure someone will help you.And one thing that comes to my mind, did you ACTIVATE and EXECUTE your flightplan???

Guest dave1974

yes to last 2 questions but one daft question how do i take screen shot as there is no com for it all my shots at moment have been taken by me pausing sim and using digital camera

all my shots at moment>have been taken by me pausing sim and using digital camera:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolSorry dude, I just couldn't help it. It just made me laugh much too hard.Anyway, there are many programs for taking screenshots, but one of the easiest ways is, when in the flight sim, press print screen key (that means that the screen content is copied into the clipboard) and then you can paste it into ANY graphical program. Even Paint will do. Then just save it as JPEG file. Should be much smaller than with the digital camera. Check if they are smaller than 125kb, if not, you have to resize them. Also, there's a rule that no screenshot should be bigger than 800x600. So take care of that, somehow...One of the programs for making MANY automated screenshots:http://www.flusiforum.de/reviews/scrmng/in...nshot%20ManagerEnjoy!

Guest dave1974

:-blaok i,m a flight sim geek not pc geek but i dont mind a bit of sarcasum will post screen shots tomorrow as off to work ( i Know should not swear)