Sign in to follow this  
Guest vertigo

Some Problems on 737-600/700

Guest vertigo

I found some problems on 600/700-if you descend with Vertical speed (for example 250 knot on speed box and 4000 feet/min selected on Vspeed box),priority is Vertical speed.it always trying to keep Vspeed.it just retard the throtles when it understands, it is reaching selected speed but it still keeps Vspeed untill speed reachs to Vmo/Mmo which ever is lower.at that point,it will automaticaly activate level change to reduce speed.There is nothing about it.-if you wait to long on ground TAT must show +99 on upper DU but there isnt-On CDU, at departure/arrival page activate cursor never appears.appeared cursor will take you to RTE page-Reaching time to flap 5 is to fast.it takes more than 20 second on actual 737NG-On real NG,if you select Lnav before hitting toga whle takeoff,it will be automaticaly activate at 400 feet agl-you cant select more than 340 knots and .82 on speed box but on pmdg you can select 450 knots and .99 mach.it is very big mistake.-On App mode,G/S never capture before than localizer.if you pass G/S with out captured localizer,it just do nothing.Actually,it is perfect product but these are some mistake of it.I can find more of them but i know it is very diffucult to install all 60 million usd thing to 35 usd thing.

I think Randy should answer this one............Glenn

I found some problems on 600/700 Hello, my name is Randy and I can certainly try to answer your questions.-if you descend with Vertical speed (for example 250 knot on>speed box and 4000 feet/min selected on Vspeed box),priority>is Vertical speed.it always trying to keep Vspeed.it just>retard the throtles when it understands, it is reaching>selected speed but it still keeps Vspeed untill speed reachs>to Vmo/Mmo which ever is lower.at that point,it will>automaticaly activate level change to reduce speed.There is>nothing about it. V/S does indeed engage the A/T but that does not mean it can keep any speed for a given V/S that is selected. Like VNAV, V/S will command throttles to IDLE if you are going to fast, it cannot descend at slow at the same time. If you overspeed I believe reversion to LVL CH is correct. I am sure in VNAV that is certainly the case. Have you tried the SPOLIERS?>-if you wait to long on ground TAT must show +99 on upper DU>but there isnt ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) Sorry this is well a bit much for me! >-On CDU, at departure/arrival page activate cursor never>appears.appeared cursor will take you to RTE page I know it does not have the prompt on the DEP/ARR page, that is the way it should be because that is the way U 10.4 is on the real bird. The PROMPT on LSK R6 on the DEP/ARR page shows >ROUTE, which takes you the the "route page" and then you will see ACTIVATE. Activate is nowhere on the DEP/ARR page.>-Reaching time to flap 5 is to fast.it takes more than 20>second on actual 737NG A pilot holds V2 + 20, sometimes a little faster under certain conditions, one can start flaps retraction for a flaps 5 TO at V2 + 15 at ANY HEIGHT if the speed is met, so from 5 to 1 @ V2 + 15. Maximum flaps 5 speed is 250 knots. Sure no one takes them that fast but one can. For certain TOs one can hold off on flap retraction until 5000 AFE! Orange County Ca is one example of this fun procedure. You control SPEED by PITCH, time is not even a factor. Where do you get 20 seconds from?>-On real NG,if you select Lnav before hitting toga whle>takeoff,it will be automaticaly activate at 400 feet agl Actually you are quoting the AOM incorrectly, it says this"...LNAV engagement criteria on the ground:* origin runway in flight plan* active route entered in FMC* track of first leg within 5 degrees of runway heading* LNAV selected prior to TO/GA. Once TO/GA is engaged, the LNAV switch light is extingished until 400 feet AGL* LNAV guidence becomes active at 50 feet AGLBOEING OPSMNL page 4.10.12" Did you notice the word "GUIDENCE"? In this situation = ENGAGED = Actually can be PUSHED i.e.- engaged, active MODE is manual GUIDENCE per F/Ds. GUIDENCE = Flight Directors provide GUIDENCE for one to MANUALLY FOLLOW, i.e. - you are following the LNAV guidence NOT the AFDS in command of actual engagement because for that to occur - One must ENGAGE THE A/P! >-you cant select more than 340 knots and .82 on speed box but>on pmdg you can select 450 knots and .99 mach.it is very big>mistake. Actually it is thishttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/101729.jpg Do you see the difference upon VMO/MMO, a set number based UPON VMO/MMO? Even IF the PMDG selects more (in the case it is ACTUALLY WRONG A BIT but not saying that it is) certainly are talking about such a trivial item here, this is not a Computer Based Simulation with every single item exact. It is good enough for 39.95 to me!>-On App mode,G/S never capture before than localizer.if you>pass G/S with out captured localizer,it just do nothing. it really can CAPTURE G/S BEFORE LOC! In fact SOME AIRLINES even have an "INHIBIT" but SOME DO NOT. Looks like your list is fading my nameless friend.>Actually,it is perfect product but these are some mistake of>it.I can find more of them but i know it is very diffucult to>install all 60 million usd thing to 35 usd thing.> Maybe a little more close reading pehaps? Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

-On CDU, at departure/arrival page activate cursor never appears.appeared cursor will take you to RTE page To be clearer on this issue,1] In the Pre flight flow, one does the route input and ACTivates/EXECU the route. You can then proceed to input the SID when you know for certain what SID you will be departing with. 2] ROUTE-ACTIVATE-EXECU. SID is commonly a MOD to the ROUTE, you will see ERASE and ROUTE prompts not ACTIVATE on the DEP/ARR page. The reason is clear, you are activating the "route" NOT the departure to the route so you are prompted to the route page to Activate THE route.3] Even RL CO ROUTES will not contain SID or STARS for the very reasons above. You often do not know what clearance you will have during pre flight or changes to departure. 4] Even if you do your route backwards by selection of the SID PRIOR to activation of the route you will NOT get a ACTIVATE prompt on the DEP/ARR page.5] ACTivate is for ?a: to activate the DEPARTUREb: to activate the ROUTE?6] EXECute is for ?a: To confirm a MODification to an Active route?b: To confirm the route entry?5 = B 1 point6 = a & b 2 points Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest vertigo

Randy,I m F/O at inter airlines and we are fliying with 737-800.I m sure it is same with 737-600/700 becuase they are giving us 737-600/700/800/900 type rating when we have training.I know there is some minor differences between 600/700 and 800/900 such as airconditioning panel but software of MCP and FMS is same.just cross weights and related speeds such as V1/Vr/V2/Vref15/Vref30/Vref40 is different.the problems which I mentioned before is different points from our aircrafts.I checked that differences from our Boeing manuals and Bill Bulfer's 737NG Cockpit Companion book/which is known as hand book of 737NG pilots,and I found that that points must be same as 737-800.Our aircraft type is exactly 737-8CXI found another things but I will let you know later.Please let me know if you know oposide things than mine.But I have to confession that you are very sophisticated person for big jets.You almost know everthing:)regards,Tamer

But I have to confession that you are very sophisticated person for big jets.You almost know everthing:) Well I know about this aircraft. If my responces are incorrect you can certainly show some proof as to where this is the case. And I must confess that you being a pilot on he 800 suprised me ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

I checked that differences from our Boeing manuals and Bill Bulfer's 737NG Cockpit Companion book/which is known as hand book of 737NG pilots I have Bulfer's book and many AOMS and such for the NG. Can you point me to a page that discuses the above itmes? Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest vertigo

Randy,As you wright(according to volume 2- 4.10.2)speed box show between 100 knots and Vmo and it means that it shows digits between 100 knots and 340 knotsBetween .60M and Mmo and it means that it shows digits .60M and .82Mİt is very clear.So simulation is wrong.It has to be corrected.it takes 20seconds to put flap 5 not retract!!!retract is fast but extend is very slow.it is every F/O's pain in #### .becuase you have to call "flaps 5 and green light" to start flight control check.if you forget this becuse of other work and ATC,your captain will get angry about it:)so I m puting my hand on flap lever until 5 and green light to avoit it.it is reminder.--"...LNAV engagement criteria on the ground:* origin runway in flight plan* active route entered in FMC* track of first leg within 5 degrees of runway heading* LNAV selected prior to TO/GA. Once TO/GA is engaged, the LNAV switch light is extingished until 400 feet AGL* LNAV guidence becomes active at 50 feet AGLYou write right things but dont understand to right side.it says clear.if you are on origin runway on flight plan you can sellect it.untill 400' you have to keep runway heading,no bank angle,no turn.after 400'agl it is automaticaly activated if you select it on runway.you dont need to engage aoutopilot to have it.I think we are agree for other items.regards,Tamer the real :)

Guest vertigo

And one more thing.I know you know well about PMDG and I lost my DU and I dont know why.I thing it because some other add ons.I alwasy lost it when I install Captain Sim 707.do you have any solution about it.I will be appriciatedtamer

Nice 737, did you get it off ebay ?:-lolArmen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer