Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totti10

PMDG unflyable with Active Sky 2004?!?!

Guest Totti10

Everytime I fly PMDG with Active Sky 2004, the aircraft becomes unflyable during landing. At 400-500 ft. AGL the aircraft suddenly banks right, pitch down and crashes. Is it possible?!!Is there anybody who uses PMDG with AS2004 with no problmes?Is there any patch or something to fix this?

Guest ChristophIllmer

Just a guess from my side. Did you switch on the "wake turbulence" effect in AS2004? This may be very well the cause for your sudden crashes. It does make other aircraft crash at well.

Guest ChristophIllmer

Just a guess from my side. Did you switch on the "wake turbulence" effect in AS2004? This may be very well the cause for your sudden crashes. It does make other aircraft crash at well.

I have been beta testing Active Sky with the PMDG 737 exclusively, and have never come across this issue, and I haven't heard about this from anyone else, either.The only thing I can suggest, is turning off wake turbulence, as Christoph suggested. If the problem persists, post again in the Active Sky forum and include as many details as possible.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

I have been using AS2004 for all my flights including during some of the NG testing. I have not had this issue either. I have flown both with wake turbulence on and off. I have found that if you fly through wake turbulence with the setting on, just like in the real world, you will get tossed around pretty bad. I have not flown close enough to another aircraft to find out if things get bad enough to cause loss of control.I would suggest posting in the Active Sky forum as well.

Guest Totti10

Thank you all! I've disabled the "wake turbulence" and now it seems to be working well.