Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

737-8/900 Long Haul Flights

Hello All -Pretty quick question. Are any of the 800/900 series used for "long hauls" (i.e. KLAX-PHNL)? If so, what air carriers are currently using this fleet for trans-pacific routes? I didn't know if this was againts the ETOPS certification for the aircraft.If i'm asking the question incorrectly lemme know! :-)Thanks!

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Alaska Airlines flys nonstop KPDX (Portland Oregon) to KJFK with thier 900's

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest rici

aloha fly phnl to ksfo I believerich

Guest captbulldog 2

Alaska or Aloha flies the winglet 900 from ksfo to phnl. I tried to with the 800, and was in pattern with yellow fuel. No go arounds for me.

Guest JF737WN

Aloha does the 700 on the KSNA-PHNL flight though dont they? Since the 700's have a longer range than the 800/900

Absolutely correct. I should make sure that my brain is in gear before engaging my typing fingers.Don

Don Bohr

Guest Soulman

Also, if you're into North Atlantic routes and are familiar (or want to learn about) with the NAT tracks, PrivatAir (a Lufthansa subsidary I think) fly across the 'pond' with 737-BBJ's (700 series) and A320's. Not sure on their routes, but if you'd like more info - I'm sure I can dig it up.

Guest nattydread

Aloha also does PHNL to KOAK

Guest prichards

The longest 737-800 flight I know of is Air Pacific's Service.NFFN ( Nadi Fiji ) to PHNL ( Honolulu ) = 2760nmPHNL ( Honolulu ) to CYVR ( Vancouver ) = 2350nmhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/659962/L/the following services are with Qantas, Virgin Blue and Pacific blue.YSSY ( Sydney ) to YPPH ( Perth ) = 1770nm YBBN ( Brisbane ) to YPPH ( Perth ) = 1950nmYMML ( Melbourne ) to YPDN ( Darwin ) = 1690nmhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/739464/L/ And Continental also flys 737NG to Australia!a daily service from PGUM ( Guam ) to YBCS ( Cairns ) = 1825nm