Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Engine issues

Infrequently, but more frequently than I would like, I am presented with a problem the correction of which I can find only one solution.The problem occurs after engine start and brakes off. As I advance the throttles to taxi the gauge rises from 20+ to about 23 then the arcs on the gauge wildly oscillate back and forth but will not advance beyond 23. Naturally the aircraft remains stationery. I have tried fremoving and reinstalling the contrioller and recalibrating but to no avail. The only option left is to abandon the flight by exiting and then restarting FS.Upon restart everything is operational and the gauge advances normally.The problem is from a cold and dark start and I am at a loss as to what causes this. As I mentioned it doesn't happen each time and I can go for lengthy periods without any issues then be beset by problems for a while - enough to make me want to put a fist through the screen especially after a significant amount of preparation time.Any thoughts?ThanksAndy b

Maybe try re-saving (Deleting any other saved PMDG NG flights) the cold and dark senario by using the default Cessna first.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC take a look at the stability of the values coming from your controller the next time it happens. It really sounds like a controller issue. Also FSUIPC does have some value tweaking capability if your controller is acting up.

Guest DrJimi

FWIW Andy, I get the same problem very infrequently - maybe 1 flight out of 50. It appears as though the motion of the throttle is sensed as the "desired thrust level" part of the gauge moves in the right direction, but almost immediately reverts back to where it was. I found that, rather than exiting FS, simply re-loading the aircraft (via select aircraft menu) fixes it. Of course, engines are still running, but many switches need to be [re-]checked and [re-]set correctly, the FMC must be re-loaded, etc. but it's only a 2 minute fix overall.I have not yet found the cause. I use the latest FSUIPC (registered) and have made some minor teaks to the limits and null zones (mostly to ensure accurate zero throttle, etc.) Stick is a Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II (USB).If/when it happens again, I'll check the values reported by FSUIPC.Strange - this is the ONLY case of any stick axis or button not being responded to correctly that I've seen during countless flights with the NG's.

Thanks for that.I have tweaked the settings in FSUIPC and will use your methodology when (and if) it strikes again.Andy b