Sign in to follow this  

Best Regional Prop

I would really like to get into flying a nice regional prop (Dash 8 size) on short hops. I'm going to get the PSS Dash 8 but until then could someone tell me about the best plane to get. And I'm a stickler for flight dynamics, I want it to be as real as it can be. I cant find a good fde for the default dash 8, all of them make it fly like a jet fighter. I just made a flight in Mike Stones B1900, and it just didn't feel right. Like when I took it off autopilot, all of a sudden it just bobbed up and down really really fast. It's just too sensative. And plus, I really don't like the B1900 or the King Air. I would love to fly the ATR that is in Gmax (I forgot the authors name). It has a VC and everything, but I need a trim of 5 just to keep it steady and any slight movement of the yoke and it goes wild. I just can't seem to find any regional plane that flies any thing close to normal. So could someone please direct me to one and a panel for it or sounds too. It would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance!-Lee

Hi,Did you try the last update for my ATR42-500? Current version here in avsim is FSC_ATR42_300v20.zip, and there's an update to the aircraft.cfg file at eureka.ya.com/pacosancasPaco

Yup, Mr. Pacosancas is right...the ATR does rock!

Well I downloaded am ATR 42 FDE from flightsim.com, did some editing and I think I found my favorite prop!! It's awesome! Mr. Pacosancas, thank you vey much for your ATR!

If turboprop flight dynamics are what you are after then there is only one correct plane out there. Of course it is a bit smaller than a regional carrier but it is so good I use it for most flights. Get the FSD Cheyenne. No one else is even close to the turboprop realism you get with this plane.Ken