Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gerrit Suichies

TCAS

Guest Gerrit Suichies

Hallo, Is there a way to switch the TCAS on (b737-800/900)By downloading the B737-800/900 I discovered to have a different panel for all the B737's (600/700)as well.I prefered the previous panels from the 600/700 series. How do I restore these panels?By the way; I am looking forward to the release of the MD11; I once had the opportunity to sit in the captains chair for a while on a flight from Amsterdam to Montreal, great experience, Best whishes for the coming year, Gerrit.

Guest Matthias1975

Hi Gerrit,take a look at the radio panel there should be a switch for the TCAS!

Guest Soulman

Another case of RTFM's....Gerrit - to switch the TCAS on, open up the radio panel and beside the transponder display you will find a selector with a rotator knob. You can select (from left to right) TEST, OFF, STBY, TA, TA/RA. Switching to TA will provide Traffic Avoidance and switching further to TA/RA will activate Traffic Avoidance/Resolution Advisary mode. Keep in mind TA/RA only becomes active at 400AGL. (If I remember correctly)By the way, I'm on holiday at the moment (lazing by the beach), so this may not be 100% correct - I'm doing this off the top of my head as my Laptop doesn't have the PMDG 73's installed on it.I suggest you read the manuals thoroughly and if you still have questions, try a search on this forum - you'll more than likely find your answers. And if all else fails - then you should post.Hope it helps.

>By downloading the B737-800/900 I discovered to have a>different panel for all the B737's (600/700)as well.>I prefered the previous panels from the 600/700 series. How do>I restore these panels?The new panel is much more realistic; Don't worry, you'll come to like it better with a few days of flying. Besides, you can't get the old panel back.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Gerrit,You can change the panel settings in the PMDG styles menu. The options are airline specific. Concerning TCAS, please take a look at the following documentation:

Guest TrafficTraffic

1100' RA when climbing and 900' RA when descending. This corresponds to the thresholds for transitioning between sensitivity levels 2 and 3.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest nattydread

Hmm, I turn my TCAS on now, but I still dont get any indication on teh screen of other aircraft...I assume its available in the -700.

TCAS is only available on the 700 if you purchase the 800/900. Did you press the TFC button?

Guest Philip Olson

Hi Charles, Yesterday I finally got around to purchasing the 800/900 and I quickly dove into the cockpit to try it out and I could not get the TCAS working either. At that point I paused the sim and went straight to the manuals which is the best first resolution if something is not working. Being in the computer repair and support business I have found that the majority of calls that I get about something not working like it should is simply a case where the operator has not read the manual or they will not use the help features provided in a program, such a simple resolution to their problem but people can not be bothered with finding out how something is supposed to work. Anyway more than likely you need to press the TFC button on the EFIS MCP, you will see in the center of the range selector the letters TFC, press that button and you should have the traffic information displayed. I really recomend reading the manuals though as you are going to miss out on some of the really neat features of this aircraft unless you do. I know most people think that reading manuals are boring or beneath them but how can one know how to porperly operate something this complex without learning how it works? I don't mean this to be necessarily negative, heck I am guilty of not reading the manuals at times too but you are going to miss out on a lot of stuff by thinking you can do it on your own. Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>By downloading the B737-800/900 I discovered to have a>different panel for all the B737's (600/700)as well.>I prefered the previous panels from the 600/700 series. How do>I restore these panels?> >Gerrit. Hello, I am sure you are refering to the Southwest Airlines EFIS panel layout that is set to DEFAULT with the 800-900. In game go to the PMDG/OPTIONS MENU and change it to PFD/ND and you will have what you are looking for. OPTIONS ARE GOOD ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest nattydread

Oh I read, believe me I read, but I have to admit the TCAS wasnt top of my list. In fact, I think that may be the last subject I need read into. I just figured I'd tag along on this post since it was only a casual concern before yesterday(Im looking into installing a Traffic add-on). I will reading up on it this weekend since I will likly have the Traffic add-on tonight or sometime within the week.Im not sure how others do it, but I like to learn the plane in pieces. I focus on one area, gain confidence and move on to another(I spent 2 days practicing the start up). I've only been at this 737 for just under 2 weeks now :) Funny thing is, yesterday I accidently pushed the TFC button. I didnt know what it was and I was busy trying to fix a problem with my rudder pedals, so I turned it off...silly me!