Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Heather, Aniette and kathypilot or is that ????

ScottNever realised you were such a talented artist :-)love that Orion and the Angel and also the Sunflower.I always liked Salvador Dali paintings for their unusual situation themes.I remeber a guy who built a large shark and embedded it into the roof of a house so that it looked as if it had fallen from the sky.The farmer down the road from me did a simular thing with a field full of blue flowers which looked like a lake.He cut out a giant fish out of sheet metal and made it look as if the fish was in a sea of flowers:-)Apart from that I go for impressionist work which captures the feel or mood which is also the most important angle in our flight simsPeter

Guest Scott Campbell

Peter,Thanks. I've done some real impressionist work, but wasn't happy with it and tossed it (yes, tossed it). I intend to do some further impressionist and luminary work later if my projects ever get done.Right now I need to finish the Earth, Wind, Fire, Water series. Four paintings, each with the theme, with a huge centerpiece combining it all. "Water" is the one on my site. Each is in it's respective color (Water - blue. Fire - red. Earth - green. Wind - yellow and orange - basically landscape etched by wind). Each also contains the aspects of the other since they are all connected. For example, my "Fire" piece is the Yellowstone fire. It's the fire storm itself, the sun blocked by the smoke, and the fire of the Earth causing the geysers.I also do sketches and sculpture. My fountain is one of my art works that's always changing. You should see it at night. It's like going through Pirates at Disneyland.I had to stop taking on portrait work. People didn't want to pay what I was asking and it took a long time. That Oksana Baiul portrait took over 4 months. It takes me a while to interview the person to see what the setting should be. You should see my "Self Portraits". ;-)I have been wanting to do a repaint of my aircraft with my real art.Needless to say, my friends and family love my video Christmas Cards.But I have no time for much of anything anymore. I kind of remember the smell of paint, like I kind of remember flying. ;-)Still, I seriously doubt I can even come close to what Anniette and Heather are most likely capable of doing.

Guest Heather 636

Hi Peter,I have only now realized something that makes me think I owe you an apology over a misunderstanding. An email had brought my attention back to a particular locked thread which I went back to to look at.In the process, two and two suddenly equalled four. I'm beginning to think that I'm sharper at 0430 in the morning than later.How on earth could you not think that I wasn't berating you directly."Okay, for Pete's sake, we'll set the record straight . . . "Duh!! Pete/PeterYou probably won't believe me but when I had typed that line, your name was not even in my mind. I was using that in the context of "Oh, for crying out loud", know what I mean? Like another friend I would greet on a regular basis with, "What's up Chuck?" his name being Chuck, all innocent intent. It would puzzle me when he would frown sometimes. Then one day the little light came on. Duh! He had heard that so many times when growing up in a derogatory sense, as in "upchuck". The old dense one here hadn't even thought of it like that.So, unless you have wings and do occasional greeter duty before the pearly gates, I was not referring to you Pete with the "for Pete's sake".Here, again, is a prime example of how easy it is to misconstrue a conversation when we have only text to go by. Gads! Look how often we do so when talking directly to somebody, face to face.But, look at the bright side Pete, I'll never forget you now. At least now, I'll probably never again use the term, "For Pete's sake" without thinking of you.Sorry Pete if you had thought I was directly attacking you in that tirade. But I can see how easy it would have been to think that.Cheers!Heather

HeatherThe biggest problem with the internet is that we communicate in text.You dont see the person your talking to,see the expression in their eyes, their reactions to what you say.On the net we use text which is posted and wait for a reaction there is no interactive dialogue.Most of all you dont sense their aura which is almost a more telepathic understanding that you have when face to face with someone.Some people you know and understand almost without verbal communication and thats what I mean by Aura which is lacking in text.Heather no problems and best of friends :-)Peter

Guest Lindy

... (clears throat). All male establishment, huh? What am I -- chopped liver???! I've been here on Avsim helping keep you guys straight for several years..... suddenly a couple of new pretty faces come along, and I'm thrown out like an old shoe!!!! :-lol Only teasing of course, Peter. I'm just "one of the guys." :-hah Unfortunately, I have no artistic bent at all but certainly do appreciate it in others. But I can dance!!! :-lol -Lindy :-wave (just HAD to get my two cents in on this thread)

Guest Heather 636

I couldn't agree with you more regarding communicating in text. Your words so well mirror what I have often stated myself."Heather no problems and best of friends" Sounds good to me Pete, the way I prefer it!Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Hey! Well there you go hun!I may have artistic talent lurking in the dark recesses of my mind somewhere, but I can't dance for beans. I'm always self-concious that I look exactly how Eddie Murphy does when he is mimicking white people dancing. Egads!!Good morning!!Heather

The only thing I know about dancing is that I got kicked out of dance school when I was 16..... been damaging too many girls (their toes, mind you !) and was kindly asked to leave since I could not remember any dance past the first 3 steps....My artistic talents have been gravely neglected in the past 25 years becasue of a corporate career .... LOL !! :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

>guys." :-hah >>Unfortunately, I have no artistic bent at all but certainly >do appreciate it in others. But I can dance!!! :-lol >>>-Lindy :-wave (just HAD to get my two cents in on this >thread) LindyYou were hidden away in the dark depths of the Pro Pilot forum in the clutches of Meekal for ages :-)Then you surfaced into the Fly! forum :-)We dont need keeping straight just warmth, love, understanding and no nagging ;-)just pure TLC :-)>I have no artistic bent at all but certainly >do appreciate it in others.Lindy, Aniette is an artist can you check out her erotic art and and give me the link :-)Peter

I been looking at Scott;s art and i can really say from my point of view it tells me alot about him.He is a deeply thoughtfull person who see's beyond the form and uncovers the inner secret of what he is painting .This is a gift that not many have and i was real impressed :)Me I do not know why but I just like painting female form and have always enjoyed this and when I can I shall remake my web site and create a link for any who is interested :)ANniette xxxxxxxxxx

AnnietteI am letting you into a lot of secrets :-) but I am artistic and used to paint a lot.Infact I am a typical Gemini duel natured. I painted with oil paints because I found that they were the best for impressionist art which appealed to me.I liked to capture the soul of my subject and that became all important whether it was a shaft of light hitting a single flower in a field something else which caught my imagination.The shaft of light and flower were all important the field was a mere backdrop.Now I just enjoy my photography but when I get more time I intend to start painting again.What I never understand is that I havent been involved in creativity with flight simulations other than portraying a sensitivity on how real aircraft handle to my friend and partner Rob Young maybe I should :-)Peter

Guest Scott Campbell

Anniette,That is extremely kind, high praise. I thank you for the confidence. I only hope my art can truly live up to that praise.I love the female form. The sensualioty, the curves, the gentle motion even when still. Women are nature's true art, and I can never really capture the beauty as I see it. It doesn't hurt that women also have a keen mind, which is beautiful in itself. ;-)I really look forward to seeing your art and style.

Guest Scott Campbell

Lindy,As Peter said, now that you've come into the light :-) we all know about you now!Actually, I've known you (and a couple other ladies) were here at AVSIM for some time, thus the first comment about "not all males" way up top, or on the other thread, or wherever. I never read my own posts, so I don't remember where I put it!. :-lol

Guest Lindy

hehehe, Scott.... that was just an attempt on Peter's part to "save" himself! We've bantered back and forth for a long time here at Avsim, and he knows perfectly well that I've visited the MSFS forum and posted here quite often in the past even though I wasn't using MSFS at the time. But the "new kids" on the block always get all the attention! And well deserved, I might add. It's great to have more women at Avsim. :-jumpy -Lindy :-wave

Guest Scott Campbell

Lindy,> It's great to have more women at Avsim.No argument here. ;-)