Sign in to follow this  
Guest N405WN

Problems with MITTS2 arrival at LAX

Guest N405WN

This is probably the only problem ive ever had with the PMDG panel. Whenever I fly the MITTS2 (in the past the CIVET4 and MITTS1 arrivals as well) into LAX in VNAV mode, the plane reaches the CIVET altitude restriction correctly which is below 17,000, above 14,000. After this, the next fix is either BREMR or SNRKL with a crossing restriction of 12,000, and the plane then pitches up to a -500 fpm rate of descent and never makes the 12,000 feet crossing restriction. I have tried setting the CIVET crossing restriction to just 17,000, just 14,000, 16,000, and 15,000 and I still get the same results. When this happens I fly the approach manually which is fun and all, but I would like to do the approach in VNAV as well. The VNAV never disconnects and is in PTH DES. If anyone could help it would be appreciated!

I believe (though I may be wrong) that this is a confirmed bug that only happens in very specific instances - hopefully a "final" NG patch will fix it after the 744 is released...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest N405WN

Alright, thanks Ryan. Hope this gets fixed!

Guest mangold

Guten Tag Marc,myself beeing far from understanding VNAV completely I would like to point your attention to this:-------08_FMC_737_678900_V14.pdf---------During descent, a vertical path is computed based on the flight plan entered into the FMC/CDU. The FMS will evaluate expected wind conditions, aircraft speed, altitude, position relative to the planned end-of-descent point and any intermediate altitude or speed constraints between the aircraft and the end-of-descent point. This information will be passed to the AFDS for pitch based speed and vertical speed control and the autothrottles for vertical speed and thrust management. In ideal conditions, an idle thrust optimum descent profile is flown, however in many cases thrust and pitch will be varied to account for wind conditions or to ensure proper tracking of the vertical descent profile.-------This 'might' be an explanation for your observation.G