Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

In the FMC what is the trip/crz alt section found when you click 'Perf init'?

It seems i always have a trip flight level usually fl 440 and then i manually put in example fl 330 but under the TRIP the pre defined f level still shows an odd flight level like 440. Can anyone explain this i did read the manual and looked at tutorials but believe it or not there is nothing under trip its an empty field everywhere i look. But yet in my aircraft it a appears with a weird high altitude that i wont be flying??Anyone?

Joe,Could you tell us something about your weights? And I mean the aircraft weights including pax and fuel. ;-)The trip flight level should not, and I don't think I've seen it go beyond, flight level 410.A screenie would be good for troubleshooting.Hope it helps,

I thought there was a problem with the TRIP ALT being that at times it shows a higher altitude than MAX for a given weight..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Yes. I've seen that too but is still waiting to see FL440 displayed. ;-)Cheers,

I will look carefully on my next flight i've been so busy lately sorry for the delay, i may have seen it wrong it possibly could be fl 410 if that is the case this has to do with weight and balance right? Does it mean that this is the maximim flight level my aircraft can fly with the fuel, pax and cargo boarded. Is for fuel burn purposes?Thanks guys!

Guest msk172

does the PMDG model take into account what cost index you input to base the trip alt off of? (and yes 410 is the highest i've seen displayed, it decreases the more you load up the plane, I was led to believe trip alt is the maximum altitude the plane can fly the route at therefore crz alt cannot exceed trip alt.. now we'll see how long it takes for someone to correct me... :) ) Mike KaplanStudent Pilot C172 @KBED

Guest Lenny Zaman

normally speaking i can get my NG with 'wingsfull' config(meaning wing tanks full and center tank .5tonnes) up to 370 no problem.Can you please confirm you're FS international settings are correct?meaning if you enter your weights in lbs => US , kg => metric(alti in ft)could be that you are putting kg weights in a lbs config'd system... meaning the weight you're actually putting in is very very low, though i thought there was a limited input range...FL440 is outside the approved commercial flight envelope for this aircraft btw. so something must be very wrongCheers