Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

FS ATC Problem

I am having a problem with FS9's ATC sending me on wild goose chases rather than following the loaded flightplan and would be grateful for any advice.I do the following:Create flightplan using FS Navigtor and export it to FS2004 and PMDG 737NG. Program the flightplan into FMC and load it into FS2004. I then get IFR clearance from ATC but after take off, ATC seems to completely ignore the loaded flightplan and send me it's own way.I would really like to use both FMC/LNAV/VNAV and ATC but its this not really possible?PS. I have done a search on the forum for this topic but got no results. Guess I am not much good at the search function either.Thanks

Bill Miller

Guest ahmedem

Renzo,You are doing things correctly, I've done it like this before and it works.I am just wondering if you are using SIDS that are not there on the FS flight plan. ATC will usually give you some headings towards your course then you can engage LNAV once you are cleared to "proceed on course".I can't imagine any other reason why they would vector you the wrong way if the two plans are matching. I suppose I should ask are you sure you are loading up identical plans?

Thanks for the advice. I am not using SIDS because I know that they confuse ATC and I am loading identical plans.The ATC sends me vaguely in the right direction but is not giving me the "proceed on course" direction so that I can engage LNAV.I will try again this evening and see if it is an intermitent or persistent problem.CheersRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Guest nattydread

I found that what you need to do is ignore the vector, contine to your next fix on your flight plan. Once within a few miles of the fix bring up ATC, choose option 2 to request a new destination. It will send you to the flight planning screen. Reload your flight plan(it should be saved) for teh origianl destination. ATC will give you clearance to your "new" destination as filed, and since you are so close to a fix on the flight plan, they just vector you toward that fix (which you are already heading) and tell you proceed under your own navigation. usually the flight goes well after that...rinse and repeat if you have the same problem later on in the flight.Just remember to request the "new" destination within a few miles of the next fix.Also make sure you manually edit the in-game auto planner. Delete any fixes not in the FMC and add in whats missing...basically duplicate your FMC plan fix by fix in the in-game flight plan SIDs/STARs and all. Approaches and their fixes dont matter because you will be radar vectored onto appoach...hmmm, then again adding in the IAF and intermediate approach fixes into teh in-game flight plan my actually help insure you are allowed to fly the STAR and the approach with out vectors. Im gonna have to try that out :)

Guest ifinlay

I'd echo what's been said here and would add:- I'm pretty sure that the reason FS9 sends you on mad headings is that you didn't quite hit an initial waypoint and it is directing you back to this point. This can happen very easily when you are hand flying a SID that has a lot of closely spaced fixes. Given that you are doing the work of PF and PNF it can be very difficult to be smack bang over waypoints only a mile apart in a curve whilst retracting the gear, lifting the flaps, changing frequency, monitoring airspeed, etc.- I like the workaround suggested though it does mean hopping out of realtime for a moment. Another alternative is to use Radar Contact (currently in late beta for FS9) which gives you the option to request direct to later waypoint.Ian Finlay

Guest speight

I would also recommend Radar Contact as a very good alternative, though online flight is ultimate.

Guest nattydread

I'd fly online if there was ATC for the USA and especially its west coast. Unfortunatly I have yet to ever see a west coast ATC online.