Sign in to follow this  

Thank You FSD for the Talon...

Tres' Cool! Free ta' boot. I spent 5 minutes with it today at lunch. Since I do have 3.0 hours in a Talon, I can say that...it flys like a Talon!What else could I say? Only 3 hours after all! :)Thanks again Steve and crew. Generosity is becoming more and more rare these days. Your kind act stands out like an oasis.Best,bt

Thanks for the kind remarks, Braun. Glad you find it to be an accurate replica of the real thing. Steve put a lot of effort into it, and it's certainly paid off.Cheers!Owen

Thanks, Braun .... you're welcome ;)A former USAF T38a Instructor & test pilot wrote to us one day after seeing the preview images of the project. We figured that day we just got lucky : Dudley's project input was priceless. Did you notice that Owen and Jim have resolved GMax gauge back-lighting in the virtual cockpit ? Flying from the back seat is pretty cool at night ...Best,

Hey SteveAbout the back lit gauges. Im really having a hard time seeing the gauges at night. The panel does light but the lighting level is really low. Can someone post some pics so I may compare. Maybe it has something to do with my G4 4600. RegardsBobG

This aeroplane is absotively fantabulous - it's proof that there are still great freeware aircraft to be had. (Not that I have anything against a great payware aircraft...) I did a touch and go at Moffett NAS (now exclusively a NASA facility) right after installing it, just to do it like the pros 8^) .Like many other people (that don't fly the big iron), FSD's Commander 115 is one of the airplanes I fly the most, along with Flight1's 421C and few of the helos. Now, I have a jet to add to that list for when I'm just real impatient to get somewhere, and in style.Thanks for building this aircraft, and doing it gratis for the betterment of the hobby. It is appreciated.Dave BlevinsRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Instead of starting a new thread, I will thank FSD here. This is an incredible aircraft! I couldnt believe they released it as freeware too! Thank you very much for giving us something that the team worked very hard on for months. I will enjoy flying this aircraft for a long time.Craig

Guest Joe

Beautiful plane!Fred Haise flew one of the NASA Talons home to Biloxi all the time back when he was being an Astronaut.I'd go out to the airport in the late 60s to early 70s and see the Talon on the General Aviation ramp and knowthat he was home for the weekend. Or, I'd see it fly over....Fred is home! I've got to let him know, somehow, that the FSD Talon exists.

Hey OwenThanks for the response. No brightness is good as all other vc's are OK. Wouldnt think the res has anything to do with it. running1600x1200 32. Really weird . I have the hardware lighting effects set to 8 as this was an issue with the cessna 421. Not sure but I definately do not have backlit guages. Any suggestions.BobG

Sorry, I haven't any other possible solution for ya. I do only use a setting of 3 for hardware lighting, but I'm uncertain of how that would affect the issue.Any others have a suggestion for Bob?Regards,Owen

Additional skins are available for the T-38 at my site,Aluminum Cloud http://www.aluminumcloud.comThese skins are representative of early T-38's circa 1967as well as late model UPT skins for Columbus AFB.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

OwenI responded in another thread but will repost here. In order for the backlighting to work I needed to set multitexturing on. I have never had to do this except if I wanted certain textures. I recall one plane in order to see the chrome polished version of the prop spinner I needed it on but I dont usually use it because of FPS drop.Anyway, Im wondering if anyone else needed to do this or if it is just me.RegardsBobG

This is mine in total darkness. Running on a 22" monitor in 1600*1200*32. Lights are bright & readable...........when not "squished" to below 700*600 res for this pic! P.S.-- my multi-texture is always on---------- if that has something to do with it.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d2f92a95d345be3.jpgL.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforc3Ti500512DDRram

Send me an email with the details of the tail code etc.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Great job on the T-38.The Jordanian airforce flies F-5's, and I'm going to get a former pilot to try it! Thanks