Sign in to follow this  
FlyCOJets

Ground Spoilers Inflight

Is there anyway that a Ground Spoiler inhibit can be placed into the model? The ground spoilers are not supposed to deploy in the air.Corey

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Well you must prove that the panels deployed are in fact ground panels deployed in the air on this sim. So, re-thinking your question, make sure you know what panels are actually deployed in RL and whether the PMDG sim does this correctly before asking developers to change their models.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest captbulldog 2

Uh! Talk about a misbehaving VNAV DES! I kept having to tap the spoilers on my last flight, feeling guilty everytime I do because the PAX were not happy about that!

>> Well you must prove that the panels deployed are in>fact ground panels deployed in the air on this sim. So,>re-thinking your question, make sure you know what panels are>actually deployed in RL and whether the PMDG sim does this>correctly before asking developers to change their models.>>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]Keeping in my mind that people do make mistakes, I decided to go back and rethink my question. I work the aircraft quite often...but I am prone to memory lapses. Things do get a little dry after training sometimes.So I went to the source - the Aircraft Maintenance Manual:"There are six spoilers on each wing. There is one spoiler inboard of each engine strut, and five spoilers outboard of each engine strut. Each spoiler has a number, 1 through 12 (from left to right). The ground spoilers are the most outboard and the most inboard spoiler on each wing. All the other spoilers are flight spoilers.So I fired up the sim to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. Wouldn't you believe it, I wasn't!!PMDGFLAW.jpgAs illustrated, ALL SPOILER PANELS ARE DEPLOYED INFLIGHT.So now that we have cleared that up, is it possible to create an inhibit? It's not a major deal, but I was curious to know if it is possible. And I am also curious to know whether those goround spoilers which are deployed unnecessarily create extra drag in the model.Corey

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

What VERSION are you running? Maybe I should not assume one is running the most current sim as in the 800-900 editions but it does exactly what you are asking for. And no it is not clear sir, it is clear here though. Notice how far they extend in your shot compared to my flight shot, big difference indeed. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102782.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102783.jpg[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

The Ground spoilers aren't completely stowed as they are supposed to be. And if it is not possible to build that into the model - that's ok. I was just asking if it were possible.The problem is weird. The -700 is the ony one that I can get full spoiler deflection out of all of the spoilers inflight. For the record, I usually use the "/" key to operate spoilers since I never fly with the throttle window open. If however I use the speedbrake lever, the gnd spoilers deploy a little bit, but not full deflection.The -800 is another story. I can never get full deflection in the air. If I use the "/" key, I get what is shown in Reply # 6. If I use the lever however, THEN and only then tdoes the system operate as it is supposed to (gnd spoilers stowed). But that is as long as I don't roll the aircraft. Rolling an PMDG aircraft deploys all spoilers, which it is not supposed to do. But I suspect this is something that cannot be avoided.I understand that this is a simulator and there ae limitations. I totally respect that. Again, just want to know if there is a way to correct this and if the spoiler deployment adds extra drag per the FDEs.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

If you have the 800-900 installed then you can only DEPLOY and RETRACT the spoilers with / & SHIFT / which places them in their previous position, so if they were ARMed prior to deployment like on DEScent they will go back to ARMed with SHIFT /. If you use a saved flight it might not work correctly as loading PREVOIUS FLIGHT and hitting / will deploy ALL boards. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

CRVM - I am using the up-to-date version of the software (800-900 installed). - Not using saved flightSitting on gnd, commanding left and flight turns only deploys flight spoilers (And ailerons of course).Inflight, if I use the lever to deploy the spoilers, only the flight spoilers deploy. The gnd spoilers remain retracted. But using the "/" key still gives me all spoilers deployed, but only of the -700 aircraft. If I use the lever and then use the "/" key, then the gnd spoilers deploy slightly, but not fully.It's a weird problem, that happens all the time on the -700, and sometimes on the -800.I guess I'll just have to deal with it. But, hopefully someone from PMDG will be able to help. Thanks for your assistance.Corey

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team