Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaHo

Why am I flying sideways in Asia?

Guest MaHo

Just installed 737NG on my FS2002 and have found that on the ND its indicating that I am flying sideways. For instans, I am taking off from Halim Airport in Jakarta (WIIH) for a flight towards Changi International in Singapore (WSSS). In general, the heading should be 005 degrees magnetic. If I set my heading to 005 degrees, I seem to be drifting towards Kraktau (due west). To be able to head towards Singapore I must set my heading to something like 090 degress. The same thing goes for flights from Bangkok, Dehli, Manila. It seems to affect the Asian area of FS. I do not have the same problems with other aircrafts in FS2002. Any suggestions, please!

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Are you sure you checked what the winds aloft are? Try clearing all weather and you'll see that you will not drift. If you fly a constant heading you will drift for wind. You have to fly a costant track, by taking into account the wind speed and direction.It doesn't have anything to do with the PMDG 737.Regards,Bjorn

Guest MaHo

During the flight from WIIH to WSSS there was a wind component aloft (FL310) of 196/36. I was trying both using LNAV and Head Sel with the same result. It is even more complicated that when lining up on rwy 24 the magnetid direction of the aircraft was 000. The whole thing is off by +90 degress. The strange thing is that this is not a problem in Europe, Oceania and North America. I haven't tested South America or Africa yet. I have flown the same flight plans with Eaglesoft's Citation X without any problems, so it has something to do with 737NG, or with my HW's correlation with 737NG.

Guest nattydread

check you rudder pedal/joystick configuration or calibration. It may be deflected.