Sign in to follow this  
Guest hst

PMDG will not land:-(

Guest hst

How can i land the 737ng? with the A340 pro there is no problem at all.I flyed some tutorials but it stil won't land example: i fly from eddf to eham, departure goes well.But the arrival gives many useless points at eham so the plane makes much circles above eham(looks like a circus act) and the landing goes totaly wrong.I have tryed to delete some of the points and then it looked better but still no landing.When i am at RIVER 3000ft almost there, the plane goes back instead of going the runway?, i either can't select APP.In the manual states: before intercepting the glideslope switch the autopilot to LOC and the to APP, Where is the LOC?? i only see VORLOC on the panel, this is selectable but APP will not go on?Anyone who knows what to do please?

Guest nattydread

Do you have the CMD modes selected?Do you have the ILS frequencies dialed in?Have both CMD modes selected, both NAVs with the ILS frequency tuned and APP selected before hand. I cant remember if you had to set anything else selected except for the auto-throttle...I manually land so Im out of practice :)If push comes to shove disengage the auto-pilot, pull the throttles back to about 40% N1 until your speed drops to about 180kts, also get to atleast flaps 10 as speed allows. Then set your throttle 60% N1 and set flaps 15. Set flaps 20 when the glide-slope reaches the top dot, flaps 25 when between the top dot and next dot, drop gears at the second dot and flaps 30 halfway between the second dot and glide-slope center line. Maintain 60% all down, droping to 55-50% as needed to help her slow down if you are too fast at any point during the approach. Set your rate of descent to 600-700ft/min and you should be golden. You will likly be about 1-3 degress nose up for the approach. At 50ft cut throttle quickly, raise the nose to about 5 degrees to flare. If at 200ft you are prety close to centered on the glide-slope dont worry about chasing the glide-slope up or down. It will get slippery on ya, just maintain 600-700ft/min descnet and you'll make the runway. Use no more than 2 deg changes in heading to correct for the localizer once you are on it. The sooner you get to hand flying the more fun this bird is :)

Now imagine you are in a full motion simulator with those questions ;-), while this sim plays on a game it is much more complex and to a great extent like learning the proper operations of the 737 aircraft. This is not something ones learns simply by reading a how to and so there will always be these types of questions related to anything modelled to such depths.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest hst

I have just made another attempt, but no succes, when i set the speed back to the landing speed there is a red A flashing in the speed meter???and the message nav invalid appears in fmc, this time i could press APP but i still flyed over eham.Thanks for the information you give me! later on i shall have a another try

Yep, Randy is right.I just want to say: the PMDG NG series are so realistic that you have to learn it for some while before you even can do a succesfull flight. And there is nothing wrong with the NG addon.It's one of my favorite A/C after the B747 and B777. ;)

Guest hst

I know things aren't always simple, but with the A340 witch is much more realistic then the pmdg, i fly with no problems, so i thought the pmdg was worth buying, but till now it gives no pleasure at all, but i keep on trying, and who knows.

Henk, Remember that the Airbus and boeing series of A/c are two very different animals, particularly with FBW. I own both these products and find them both realistic. The PMDG did take alot of getting used to for me after the A340 however it is well worth getting to know the A/c systems and procedures inside out you will find it an absolute joy to fly.Stick with it you wont' be disappointed!!RegardsBen

Guest hst

That's for sure that they are different......But i won't give up, in the meanwhile i have done some flying and i did get it on the ground in 1 piece:-).So i continue to learn to fly the aircraft.

>I know things aren't always simple, but with the A340 witch>is much more realistic then the pmdg,I (and many others I'm sure) beg to differ there... if the A340 is anything like PSS's A320, the PMDG is light years ahead of it. Sorry that's just the facts.Ok - basically, I don't think you're understanding how an approach is supposed to work as it relates to the FMC flight plan, etc. Here's a very simple tutorial you can try that should show you exactly how things work:1. Load up your choice of NG at KTUS, Runway 29R. Set KTUS as origin and KPHX as destination (this is a short 25 min flight between Tucson and Phoenix, AZ) Set cruise altitude to 14000.2. Now go to the DEP/ARR page and select KPHX arrivals, pick the SUNSS5 STAR, do not select a transition, and select the ILS26 approach, also with no transition.3. You should see on the LEGS page now the following:SUNSSHOOPSPXRROUTE DISCONTINUITYTODREJAGALPRUNNDELSERW 26Delete PXR from the list as it's actually part of the lost comm procedure for the STAR. What you're seeing here are the actual approach waypoints as outlined on the chart, which you can download at www.myairplane.com - the PSS does not insert these, and simply creates a generic CF-XX fix, which I think is what is confusing you - in the real world pilots follow these actual fixes when conducting an ILS approach.Ok, so what you see here now is a discontinuity between the STAR and the approach waypoints. This would be the point in real life where ATC approach control would take over and vector you onto the runway 26 ILS localizer. You would NOT be using the FMC/LNAV at this point, you'd be in HDG SEL with the VORLOC mode armed to capture the localizer.so...4. Take off, engage VNAV and LNAV at 400 feet and follow the flight plan - set the MCP altitude to 3000 before you reach the T/D point and let the plane descend in VNAV. Set both NAV radios to the ILS freq - 111.75 and set the MCP CRS knob to 258.5. Right as you reach the HOOPS waypoint, press HDG SEL for hdg 350, slow to 210 knots, and continute descending to 3000 in LVL CHG mode if you're not already there. You should now be heading on a perpendicular path toward the extended runway centerline. PRUNN is the final approach fix, and you want to be at 3000 feet and approx 160 knots when you reach it. When you're about 5 miles or so from hitting the magenta approach line, turn left to a heading of 290, which should have you aiming pretty much for a 30 degree intercept to the localizer. Press the VORLOC button now to arm it and allow the autopilot to intercept the localizer. Once you're on the localizer, press APP to arm the glideslope capture. Press both AP CMD buttons to arm the autoland mode. Now all you have to worry about is controlling your speed with the MCP SPD knob and lowering the flaps according to schedule - put the gear down after flaps 15, arm the spoilers and autobrakes and you'll be set. The plane should touch down right on the numbers. For your final VREF speed, get that from the FMC by pressing the INIT button and entering your flaps amount, (do this before starting the approach) then when you set the speed add 5 knots to it, which is standard.Let me know if you're still confused - a 737 doesn't work the same way as an Airbus where's there's an approach mode that controls everything - the pilot in most cases has to take over and use the MCP controls close in to the airport. It is possible to be in LNAV all the way to the localizer intercept, let me know if you want to see an example of that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>but with the A340 witch>is much more realistic then the pmdghmmm... all the (real) Airbus pilots insist there is no realistic Airbus in MSFS yet but you seem to know better ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest nattydread

You put her down manually? if so, im sure you'll see its much more fulfilling then using auto-land.

"You put her down manually?"Remember he is a Bus driver. They don't know how do to anything manually! :-lolNow ducking for cover!!!

Guest nattydread

:-outta

Guest hst

>You put her down manually? if so, im sure you'll see its>much more fulfilling then using auto-land.I did it manually, not perfect but i working on it:-)And i have the idea that it better works than on autopilot, looks like it is better to control.

Guest hst

Well i do mean PSS A340 Proffesional.Thanks for the example i'm gonna give it a try, see whats happen.