Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Some 2D panel graphics problems since installing ATI x800 Pro

I recently purchased and installed an ATI x800 Pro. When flying the 700 (have not tried other PMDG variations), some of the grahics in the 2D panels disappear after flying for awhile (after about an hour or more).More specifically...1) all the digital readouts go blank/black2) the pop-up screen icons dissapear (M Z R etc.) but the click spots are still clickable.3) various small pamel gauges disappear or are highlighted.If I switch between views and return to the 2D panel, it returns to normal for awhile and then begins to go bad again.I am using "all" the newest updates and drivers for all my software and hardware. The only thing I have changed is the video card. I had and nVidia FX 5900 Pro and experienced NO problems... ever... with anything. I have the x800 set at "quality" with 4X and 16X at 1280x1024. These setting don't cause any problems with any other FS addon plane or any of my other games or benchmarks.Any thoughts?

maybe delete (rename) your fs9.cfg file and let fs9 recreate it at the next start? just an idea...

Guest skyhog

Also, check the fs9 config to see if your old card is listedalong with the new one. If so delete the old card from the cfgfile.

>maybe delete (rename) your fs9.cfg file and let fs9 recreate>it at the next start? just an idea...Thanks for your help. I did not delete it but I did notice that in the [display] area (mentioned above) that the resolution was set at 800x600x32 (???) I don't know if this makes a difference, but I set it to what it should be and took a test flight. Things "seem" to be ok now. The only thing I did not have running was AS2004.5. I will try a longer flight with AS2004.5 running and report back with the results.Thank you both for your help. It is much appreciated.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Do you have latest drivers installed for the new vid card?