Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

Wow, still learning new things all the time!!!

Hey guys,I love it when you find something new by accident, then makes your life a lot smoother! Love the range rings around a destination, are they supposed to be used for that ?!Thanks again for the NG !!!!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.comhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103057.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

That's interesting!! How'd ya find it?

Yohoo!I guess you've found one of the (many) easter eggs! I am pretty sure none of the beta testers have seen this. At least I haven't heard anything about it while testing was ongoing! I wonder if the real NG drivers even noticed? ;-)Cheers,

Goto FIX page,Enter an airport/VOR/waypoint.Below in the dashed area "---/---" enter a slash "/" then the range distance required.ie /50 /100 /200Then update the range as you approach the destination!For approach I set/5/10/15I love it !!!!! :)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Ahhh!Well That explains it. I thought you had multiple distance circles when entering an airport in the FIX page! What you've just described is a well known feature. And there's more to the FIX page than that.Do the same thing but enter a bearing instead of distance and you've got yourself a bearing vector from the fix in use.And please try the ABM function! ;-)Be aware that you have two FIX pages meaning you can do this on two navaids simultaneously.Sorry for the confusion,

I came across it by chance!Since I was entering "/300" in the descent page to set descent speed I thought id try it in the FIX page, and I got this lovely suprise! ;-)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Nice one Mats,Thanks for clearing that up, i will try what you suggested too! Yes I did notice there are two FIX pages, didnt try this using the second fix page, but if the range rings appear in green then it might get a bit cluttered. :) Ill give it a shot.Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hehe I posted long ago on this forum about these fix circles. They are great for procedures like at KSJC..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Ofcourse in the FIX page. :(If you take a look at the fix page you will notice that the place were you entered /300 is titled with "RAD/DIS".That means if you don't put your "/" in it will set the radial, with the "/" you get the distance in arc. ;)

Haven't used the FIX page lately, but messed with it a lot when I first got the feature. I'd use it just to set a ring around the airport at which point I could contact the tower to get landing clearance. Since every airport is different in that regard and IFR plans are worthless. LOLI love all the features the FMC has. What does ABM do anyhow? I never tried it and forget what it acually does.This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest lbb

It shows you the point at which you are ABEAM the fix.Leo Bakker