Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

-800/-900 boxed from Aerosoft, -600/-700 not required ?

If you mean will it be a complete stand alone without the need to have the 600-700 package then YES, it certainly is the case. There is no way to sell a add-on for an add-on on CD, it had to be that way..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

"There is no way to sell a add-on for an add-on on CD, it had to be that way"Huh ? 2 CD's ? Well, I'm not gonna hassle anyone, but, I asked this very question a long time ago, and was told absloutley not, it would never happen this way.All I have in my install is the 2 AA -800's, all I ever wanted. If I'd have known I could've waited, I would've, rather than waste $40 on airplanes that are not even on my HD.That's all, said my peace, I'm done, I suppose I'll get over it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

It was the case prior to dealing with CD versions. A company cannot sell a add-on that requires another add-on which is itself a add-on for Flight Simulator since Aerosoft make the CDs, they would not do this regardless of PMDG's former position on the matter plain and simple. There would be no 800-900 in this case on CD if it required the 600-700 to function. Should all those wanting to purchase now who have waited for the CD version not have the ability simply because of a requirement for original buyers? People desired CDs and they got them, if folks had to wait until now to have purchased the 800-900 alone it would have been a long wait indeed and we are talking about download Vs CDs. I believe the magority of users will agree with the why and really it is a better option don't you think?[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

What would have been a better option, would have been to have done this from the start so everyone could have benefited from it, but, that's a dead horse.I would have waited. Seriously, the NG is wonderful, but throwing away money is stupid, and to now see that that thing that I and quite a few others asked for long ago, is going to be done after it's way too late to take advantage of it, just irritates me a little, that's all.$40 pays for LDS, I mean, come on man.I'm not here to cause trouble Randy, I was just a bit taken aback reading this at AeroSoft, after all we heard from PMDG on the issue, and the discussions we've had here at AVSIM, MSFS General Forum included. Alot of people asked the very same questions, expressed the very same interest in the -800 only, and were given the very same answer.

Regards,

Brian Doney

You are not looking at the bigger picture maybe only your personal thoughts concerning your purchase although you certainly have every right to feel what you want. The fact of the matter is this, PMDG did not know ahead of time that this situation would result. But since they do not publish their own CDS they are bound to a certain extent to the CD publisher's wishes in this regard. Now if it was a case that PMDG knew ahead of time that they could not sell the 800-900 as it was (needed the 600-700 toi run) then it would be a totally different matter. They choose to do what appears to be the best option under the situation. Sure "some" might hold to the idea that they too could have "just waited" but since PMDG did not even know they would produce this on CD at the 800-900's release clears this thought up. Would you be upset if PMDG all of a sudden chose to sell the 800-900 for 10 dollars? Would those who bought for full price take offence? I sure some would. I buy these all the time and then later find "better deals" but I know that this might be the case so I take the chance, in essense I live with what I purchase and do not expect more later on. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Randy,That's all cool man. I'm sure it wasn't a premeditated "lets screw people" type thing.I just wanted to post to find out what the deal was.Views have been expressed, *issue closed*.OK ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian...Aerosoft announced the 800/900 CD back in Sept/Oct, I've been waiting a long time for this product...hopefully it will be available on the 14th thru my US Distributor.