Sign in to follow this  

New t38 Backlighting

AllTwo pics. one of the t38 and one of the cheyenne.What could be wrong here? The t38 gauge backlighting does not appear to be working at least on my system. Anyone have any suggestions? I thought Steve Small had mentioned that this new backlit technology was going to be put into the Cheyenne. If there is nothing wrong with the t38 vc on my system then Im not sure if putting the backlit technology into the cheyenne is such a good idea. Please tell me there something wrong with my video card and your vc does not look like mine.BobG

Please try to keep images below 700 pix wide, as Tom has requested.Please see this post on what you're supposed to be seeing. It must be an issue you're experiencing with your vid card.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/6949.html#6Also...Have you tried switching the lights on and off by pressing the L key?Regards,Owen

Thanks Owen. I apologize about the width. I usually move it into paint and the skew it at 50% but I must have missed a step. CRS disease I guess. I will check the thread. Yes lights are on.Panel is lit but the gauge backlighting does not appear to be workingGreat job! I hope we can solve this issue.RegardsBobG

OwenThis is what I found. I must have MultiTexturing selected for it to work. I did not see this is the docs so Im wondering if it's only me that needs this selected. I wouldnt think technically there is that much diff between your 4400 and my 4600. What drivers are you using?I am using the visionteks 28.32's. These were the original drivers with the card. They actually work the best up till now.Bob

:-) Move your eyepoint forward I believe your bleeding in from the seat.Bob

Looks like I prefer the "bleed thru". It's not too crisp with the eye point forward, as it turns out. Also like the backlit Cheyenne (non-Gmax), or blue backlighting like I have with the Dreamfleet Archer & Flight1 C-421. L.Adamson

Did the black go away? It's really a nice plane for free I certainly cannot complain. I too love both the cheyenne and the 421. This sucker is fun to land and the controls are sensitive just as it should be. I believe the real stick is pressure sensitive and not much movement. Not sure on that but most of the fighter jets use the pressure technology. Anyway, take it easy and have a great weekendBobG

I solved this problem with another aircraft by setting Options > Display > Hardware > Hardware Lighting Effects = 5. And, my instruments are lit up fine in the Talon.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Five is a minimum for all-round basic light functions it seems, but six or above is much, much better ...

Guys: Also remember one thing.. to truly get back-lighting gauges.. you can turn-off the cockpit glow by pressing L + Shift.This will give you the same effect as in the C400.BestJimFSD International

>Guys: Also remember one thing.. to truly get back-lighting >gauges.. you can turn-off the cockpit glow by pressing L + >Shift. >>This will give you the same effect as in the C400. >Thankyou, thankyou!!.................. just what I needed! L.Adamson

Guest Joe

I'm sure I missed something in this thread. But, I think I have tried everything mentioned and do not have gauge back lighting in the 2d cockpit. I do have it in the 3d (VC).I doubt I'll be flying it too much at night. So, it's no big deal but would like to resolve it.Thanks,Joe

Try resetting your keys and try again. Julian

Try turning on MultiTexturing. that is what did it for me.BobG