Sign in to follow this  
batchelork

EGJJ err: REDNO unkown

I have just loaded all the latest Navdat/SID/Stars. I started to put a plan into the FMC Route page. Dep EGBB Arr EGJJ, and the fmc displayed 'EGJJ err: REDNO unknown'. I have flown this route lots of times before with no problems.Any advice would be appreciated.

Keith,It means as stated, REDNO is no longer a part of this procedure and has been removed from the airac cycle, as in real life. The author of this procedure has not updated it according to earlier AIP changes.If you take a look at the latest star charts for EGJJ you will also see that REDNO is replaced by DIKRO in the star procedures JERSEY2B and JERSEY2H.You can easily change this by opening up the SID/STAR file for EGJJ and replace REDNO with DIKRO in star's JERSEY2B and JERSEY2H. Then you will be up and running again.(I haven't checked the other procedures though but at least you will not get any error messages with these changes.)

Per,Thanks for the help. I have done the changes you recommended and now I have no errors. We seem to get this problem whenever a new navdata cycle comes out. I have a similiar problem with FSBuild. A short trip from EGBB to EGMC takes me several hundred miles into Europe and back.Once again thanks for your help.

Glad it worked for you, Keith.Again this demonstrate the importance of having user uploaded procedure files "in sync" with the current airac data. If they are not updated according to changes in airac, these errors will occur. As you might know PMDG Prcedures made by Terry Yingling are always up to date and in sync with the current airac. They do not cover every airport and may not be complete, but at least they are always up to date. See also the thread pinned at the top of this forum " SID/STAR/IAPs updates explained"As a sidenote, over at the Navdata forum there is a poll and some interesting discussions on how often we need or want to have the airac datas updated according to real world.