Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Do we have to update airac and sid star every month?

Will the FMC not work properly if not updated, the reason i ask is because i usually do and nothing ever seems to change for me that is, from the airports i fly so just how important is this (every month anyway)? P.s. Sorry if you find its a dumb question but i really want to know!

everything will work fine... no problemthe updates are only for the folks who fly very specific routings and utilize current charts. for the rest of us who bought (or got free) routes, charts, plates, ect... only once and then downloaded the current database AT THAT TIME, there is no problem.We like to have the database and the paper charts match, thats all.

Guest stang

Hi Joe. A little clarification about updates. You actually only need to do one complete (AIRAC and terminal procedures) update after buying the 737NG. The terminal procedures that ship with the plane have some syntax errors. So it is important to do at least one update to get rid of those errors. Since you said you have been updating, you are covered and do not need to do any more updating should you desire not to. Should you fly on-line it may be desirable to get current updates though.RegardsTerry