Sign in to follow this  
N520AT

New MD-11 Screenshots

Guest ahmedem

Well spotted Dan,Looks like she's coming along nicely, many thanks for the update PMDG keep it up and good luck!

I must say the perspective shown looks really good in the captain seat, just looks different than others. Those displays look amzingly sharp and detailed too ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest RRF985

Looks awesome. I've never liked the MD-11 and won't be buying it but I know PMDG is going to make it sweet for all you lovers of it. ;-)-Ryan

thanks for the heads up! she looks beautiful, I especially like the feature list when it mentions freighter liveries being available. Sweet!

It's nice to see someone keeps us up to date here about new stuff on their website.

Eric 

Guest Lobaeux4

Wow, the MD-11 looks fantastic! I can't wait to buy her, for some reason the big three-holers always fascinated me. Alain Capt's MD-11 was simply amazing, but this one looks like it'll blow that one away. Talk about a step forward, can't wait for this one to be released.Work away Bill, work away.

Guest Valid_Andy

Whoah. Looks awesome, now this is what I've been waiting for! Stuff the 747!!! Looks shockingly good!I KNOW this is a very early version, but I'd like to ASK about one thing, since it happens on the 737 also. On the first screen shot, it shows "10" on the ground on the PFD, as what looks like the height above the ground. Is this correct? Persumably this would be 0 foot, like in the A320. Otherwise, you wouldn't get a 10foot call out during landing (if there is one?) until the split second you touch down. I've also found this happens in the 737, you touch down at something like 11 foot! Is this just me or is it supposed to be like that? It makes no sense that's all!Sorry about that, and I know what I just did is the reason why you don't show many previews, but since it happened on the 737 aswell I really did wonder! Can't wait for it guys, you will have my money (even if I have to force you:7)

Andy,Glad you like the screenshots. The main panel will be "improved" over what you see here.If you have any airline video's or DVD's, check out what the PFD radio altitude reads on the ground for various airplanes.Bill

Now that was funny! I just wanted to show Andy some real photos to proof that 10 feet reading... To my surprise I've found the contrary...http://www.airliners.ch/temp/ra1.jpghttp://www.airliners.ch/temp/ra2.jpgBut since the MD-11 is the "airplane of the thousand company options" you never know if this is one of those... *:-* :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Valid_Andy

I see! Hehe, my mistake. Maybe it's always a variable, it just hasn't evermade sense to me why they would have a static height of 10 on the ground, since the call outs would be 10 foot too late. I guess having minus numbers could be because the radio altimeter thing maybe be fore of the main gear, meaning it will be higher up during the landing flare than when the plane is flat on the floor....BAH!!! I don't know. Thanks for the info, and i can't wait to be confused by it!

Guest 2302rs

Wow, they are looking too cool! I, and many others I presume, have been waiting for this one for over one year now. I'm really looking forward to a product so thoroughly developed!For the sake of ones eyes - please make the FMC a little larger ;-)Keep up the work, don't lose your minds, it surely is worth your efforts!

>Whoah. Looks awesome, now this is what I've been waiting for!>Stuff the 747!!! Looks shockingly good!>>I KNOW this is a very early version, but I'd like to ASK about>one thing, since it happens on the 737 also. On the first>screen shot, it shows "10" on the ground on the PFD, as what>looks like the height above the ground. Is this correct?>Persumably this would be 0 foot, like in the A320. Otherwise,>you wouldn't get a 10foot call out during landing (if there is>one?) until the split second you touch down. I've also found>this happens in the 737, you touch down at something like 11>foot! Is this just me or is it supposed to be like that? It>makes no sense that's all!>>Sorry about that, and I know what I just did is the reason why>you don't show many previews, but since it happened on the 737>aswell I really did wonder! Can't wait for it guys, you will>have my money (even if I have to force you:7) No that is incorrect, the 737 is not -10 ft but -4. I will give you a "hint" as to why, think FLARE as in flying the NOSE to the ground after T/D. A aircraft does NOT land in a flat attitude but at an ANGLE relitive to the ground. I have no idea about a MD-11 but on a 744 it looks exactly like this on at least one type of 400http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103667.jpg[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Hey Randy,You just did show us a new screenie of the PFD.As the old shots on the product page still looks like the B737NG. ;) :( :D :)