Sign in to follow this  
Guest mfelicio

I would like to know...

Guest mfelicio

1) Why they are delaying in such a way to launch the 747?2)He would not be ideal to inform a date of launching, exactly because I find that it would be a respect form before the users.Mauricio

Mauricio,1)When the PMDG 747 is ready for release we'll release it. We're not delaying it to frustrate our customers.2)It is our policy not to announce release dates because of our respect for our customers. This is a complex simulation and announcing dates that might not be met is counter-productive.

Guest mfelicio

>Mauricio,>>1)When the PMDG 747 is ready for release we'll release it.>We're not delaying it to frustrate our customers.>>2)It is our policy not to announce release dates because of>our respect for our customers. This is a complex simulation>and announcing dates that might not be met is>counter-productive. PMDG can to little passing the month? January? February?Mauricio

Maybe it is just me but people think that these developers just whip out aircraft once a month. Yes there has been talk about a 747 for a long time but developement started just a few months ago. Look at some other projects that have been talked about for a long time but still are not released, namely a four engined military transport from another company. I think if this community gets any more demmanding on the developers then we will not only not know when it is being released but also we won't know what they are making. Give them a break and they will post details as they feel that they are ready to. Remember that the Beta testing has not even started yet and that will take at the very very best at least a month. Disclaimer: This is not directed at any one person but more at the community as a whole as seen on all forums lately ie. VATSIM, SQUAWKBOX, and others both payware and FREEWARE.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest teeloo

How about not announcing anything at all?Why should we know about the 744?No otherone is making it and even if so, you wouldn't put developement under pressure. As it isn't now!Just plain nother.Just tell people PMDG is working on something new.As there is no release date whatsoever, it could wel be in 2007 (like Operation Flash Point2)Is there a reason I would want to know what PMDG is up to?Teeloo

I agree with what Pete said. Stating anything about a release date is bad! Just look at the LDS767. They annouce it will be out by Fall 2004. Come Dec 21, everyone is going #####, where is it? I think by the end of that week, they had to go to a moderated forum it got so bad. Since then, the publisher annouces that it will only be a short delay and stated it would be out around mid-January. Now one of the developers just posted a thread tonight stating it will be out in a matter of weeks which puts it off to probably Feburary at the earliest. So you see how announcing release dates or even time frames does not do any good. People just wind up getting mad. I think nothing should be said at all by the developer until the day its released.

Eric 

Guest wkzzo

Here's something, I assume you live inside of a domicile of some sort, take a look around the room. On one of the walls you will see a rectangular shapped object with a knob on it, some people would call them doors. Now here's the best part. Your going to like this. Walk over to said rectangle (door) and turn knob(thing sticking out of door), YES, its a whole new world out here, there's blue sky, people laughing, kids playing and life does go on without the Pmdg 747. Hard to beleive ,I know.Remember for every post such as this, Pmdg is actually obligated to delay release for another week, Its in their contract. :)Sorry couldn't be helped.

"PMDG can to little passing the month? January? February?"As previously stated, the beta hasn't been released yet, Mauricio. In the first weeks of beta testing, the developers/programmers get a better idea of what needs fixing (and how hard it is to fix). One unfixable bug or serious error may delay the project for months. Some bug fixes create other problems in other areas of the sim, so you can't even announce which month it will be released.There are probably good business reasons for announcing an upcoming product, releasing preview screenshots, etc. It helps maintain interest in the product (so you don't spend it on something else in the meantime or forget about it completely). Because of this, the developers are damned if they do announce a new product and damned if they don't.Hope this translates well into your language.Cheers.Ian

Guest Lobaeux4

HaHa, I bet it's some scheme of PMDG's. "Don't release it, we'll keep it to ourselves, maybe it'll appreciate like real estate!" Haha.Sorry, just thought I'd throw in a little humour, sometimes these posts can become a little serious.

>January? February?or April, May, June, July, August ....Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Searched for rectangular shaped object STOP couldn't find it STOP Need further adviceSTOP

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>1) Why they are delaying in such a way to launch the 747?>>2)He would not be ideal to inform a date of launching, exactly>because I find that it would be a respect form before the>users.>>Mauricio One thing that is rightly different than previous PMDG betas' is PMDG trying to perfect the Alpha prior to releasing it to us beta testers. It's not that PMDG did not try with other releases just that plain truth that PMDG have become that much better at this. They are well aware of the type of suggestions we make, a standard that requires many many hours to get right. The amount of things that I personally suggested for the 737 and what acually got into the product would amaze you. PMDG listen and listen well because all of us have come to expect only the best that they can produce. As for time elements, I can take a "jab" that it will certainly be THIS YEAR ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

It is such a complex aircraft and takes a long time to model. Simple as that.