Sign in to follow this  
Guest mfelicio

I would like to know...

Very true. If someone wanted a plane out in a month, PMDG should then start modeling an Airbus. They just need an up/down switch and two seats. While I am sure the attention to detail on that up/down switch would be great, I imagine it would not take long to model.;-)

Eric 

Aah, so the simplicity is the reason why noone has yet managed to deliver a proper and altogether correct Airbus FBW system to us? ;)Have a great weekend all.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest teeloo

Yes I understand. Ian.But why when they have this interest in keeping us "posted" is there nothing posted...Teeloo

>But why when they have this interest in keeping us "posted" is there nothing posted...Teeloo....I'm not really sure what potential customers expect when the PMDG team say they will keep us posted. Do they expect weekly reports, bi-monthly reports, monthly reports, ....?I think you'll find that several members of the team are still in holiday vacation mode, so there is probably not much to keep you posted on (unless you want to know all about their holidays? :( ). Even in non-holiday mode, this kind of project doesn't move very far forward in a short space of time (A single airplane system may take several weeks to programme, especially when sim programming is your second job: I recall that Mr Randazzo spent several months on the 744 Fuel system alone... and the 744 probably has a few more systems which are just as complex as this, maybe even more so).Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Ian.P.S. I remember reading something in a psychology book about keeping up interest. Some pigeons were fed birdseed every time they pushed a lever (over a period of time). The feeding system was then deactivated. The pigeons soon stopped pushing the lever (after they learned that no food was forthcoming). A second group of pigeons had a similar setup, but they were only fed birdseed randomly when the lever was pushed. When their feeding system was deactivated, it took these pigeons far longer to stop pushing the lever than the first group. I'm not saying PMDG are deliberately using this technique or that everyone out there are pigeons, but rarer/random delivery of progress reports/updates may be a good marketing strategy as interest is maintained much longer :-)

Guest teeloo

Ahhh, you're right Ian.No real need for posting, really.I am just a person that doesn't like the marketing act of telling people about something that will come up in the future, time unspecified.The good think is, I AM saving my money for the piece of software and nothing else, enjoying the 737NG until the release of the 744. So in that way, the announcement is good for me too and not only PMDG.;-)Teeloo

Guest teeloo

Oh, and Ian,just a small insight on the drawback on the pigeons theory:Disadvantage is, the expectations by the customer of the end product are rising sky-high when finally released.I am not sure, if PMDG can 'beat that feeling' ;-)I hope they do!! :-)pretty pleeeaaaassseee!?Teeloo

Guest cw1011

I'm guessing this poster doesn't remember the initial launch of the NG - I am going to guess that neither PMDG nor its customers ever want to go through that again. Take your time guys. Heck, it took DF over 2 years to make its three-holer, but what a terrific product.

Guest jplieben

I've bought PMDG products since the FLY! days, and there hasn't been one yet that hasn't been worth the wait!Jim Liebenstein

Guest tango_d

Couldn't agree more with you Jim,Much as it agrieves me - Yep I'm lookin forward to it too, but, Yep I can wait. One things for sure - It will raise the benchmarks way further up again....Which can only be good for us the 'all consuming, consumer' !!Best Regards,Ed