Sign in to follow this  
Guest gustav.m

Aeronautically inclined Dinosaurs

Guest thscholz

>Because..... I

Congrats Gustav! I wonder how many of us that actually remember the Silver Surfer, lol?

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest BlackDog

Congratulations on your birthday.I consider myself a "Silver Simmer." I just turned 58 in December and having been simming since 1983 on a PC. I too am more of a "Flesh Toned Flyer" than a "Silver Simmer.";-) Unfortunately, I didn't purchase any add-on aircraft until this past year with the PMDG 7 series so I am not nearly as worldly as you are. I still have not flown on-line yet.

Congratulations Gustav!!!I just went by #71 a month ago so I guess I fall in the "silver simmer" category. I totally agree with how great the 737NG is. I splurged and got the PFC Jet Console with the 737NG throttle and that really makes the sim something to behold.Tom

Guest skyhog

Happy Birthday Gustav,Just turned 67 last Nov. Been simming for about 14 yrs. Hopeto make it another 14. Good luck to you.

Guest Chris_Tripp

Not "Silver" as such.. "salt and pepper" is the techical description I believe...First FlightSim.. FS4... see attached.otherwise:Me...........53Wifes....... 1 ....Diane, 30 yearsChildren.....3 ....Rhys,Catherine,Anne-MarieDogs.........4 ....Pepi, Chihuahua ....Rosie, Chihuahua ....Jess, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ....Tess, Chihuahua (El Poyo Diablo - Devil Chicken.. a seriously black chihuahua) Strokes.........1Heart Bypasses..2Stents .........1Time to retirement.. 3 years. Not Silver, but "mature" and loving it!!

Guest gustav.m

Thank you gentlemen for your kind salutations and FS knowledge bites. Very gratifying to hear there are more

Well done Gustav. I too started with a 286 and have now graduated to the 737NG on an ACER Ferrari laptop. I have to fit in at least Melbourne -Sydney or reverse every day and there is not a day where I come away from it all not having learned something.By the way I am will be 55 in a month from now.For heaven's sake Chris - all those ops at your age! Retire now if you can.Gerry Engwerda

Guest mangold

Congratulation Gustav,and a bow for your fine words to the FS community and PMDG people.Beeing some month behind you my whishes for the coming decadehave to be more moderate : a PMDG 737NG upgrade.Regards, G

Well, I'm probably the youngest here - just turned nine years old last year - AND silverness is slowly invading my noggin.OK, so they are leap years.Happy birthday to you Gustav!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest FreddyG

By the looks of it I now feel positively old, going on to 74! Hopefully, I'll still be flying PMDG planes in my eighties!!!!:-jumpy

Guest mcalluaud

Hello to all Dinosaurs I think that I may apply for the title of Dinosaur of the year . I turned 84 in Nov. last year . I have being flight simming since MSFS version 5 , the first CD version .My fleet includes PMDG-737-NG , ERJ-145 and Eclipse 500 . I fly nearly every days . I use regularly FSNavigator SimControl and experiment with Voice Buddy 2 . MichelC

Wow it's amazing how old (and young) some are here but you would not guess that from just a name (and old in a respectfull manner, I hope I make it)!. Thanks for sharing guys. Oh and I certainly don't have anything on any of you, only 36 here ;D[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest gustav.m

Thirty - SIX....................!!! :-spacecraft MichelC, I'm happy to say I think the position of "Daddy Dino" is definitely yours! Congratulations. How about we have a fly-in with FreddyG? in his eighties? Who knows, the 747 might have been released by then! Randy, no evil intent! (We might just need your help) ;-)Regards all,Gustav.