Sign in to follow this  
Guest MortenHa

Engine shutdown after 10-15min inflight 737-700

Guest MortenHa

It is becoming very frustrating and there seems to be no apparent solution to this.Description:Performing all necessary proc from cold&dark, taking off and then after some time the engines shut down. Performing a in flight restart only helps for about 5 minutes or so, then another shut down.Things I have tried:1. Not using the default sit.2. Staring up with Cessna, then switch to PMDG 737-700.3. Saving sit. that seem to work and start from there.4. Deleting FS9.CFG5. Search for .STE files and deleting them (Found none!)6. Reinstall of PMDGAC Configurations I,ve tried:1. APU Inflight2. Anti-Ice on/off3. Cycling X-feed valve4. No fuel center tank upon start up.Observations made:1. Just ocurred to me as I'm writing this that I've deleted the -600 and the -700 w/Winglets folders. Found out that they are only referencing the -700 folder anyway. (I'll die if that's where the dog is buried)2. We had one flight out of EFIV (Ivalo Finland) to EFRO (Rovaniemi Finland) That worked! We saved the sit. And used it for flying from EFRO. It worked for a day or so, but now that doesn't work either.3. Although I haven't timed it, it seem to shut down within a 5 min period after 10 min.4. I've read numerous posts on engine failure reaching V1, but none of them had any advice beyond those mentioned above.Setup:XP ProFS 9.1Active Sky 2004.5Multiple monitors (using undock feature)FSUIPC 3.44I humbly await your answer PMDG support staff.Have a nice weekend!!!Morten HaughomVard

Guest Hawkeyeted

Morten,Make sure you have all the Service Pack updates installed. There are two service packs, one for the -600 and -700 NG base model, and one for the -800 and -900 upgrades.I think I remember reading that the patches address this specific problem of uncommanded engine shutdown.