Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

Start switches not releasing in cold weather

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi PMDG crew,I am having this problem when I fly the 737-700, (it is the only one I fly right now), When the weather is in the area of -27C to -35C or so, the start switches will not release to the off position. -After the engine starts, I have to manually move the switch to the off position.could this be a bug?thanks a bunch,

Hi,Asked the same question as well in the FS2Crew forum and was informed that when operating under cold weather procedures and using wing and/or engine anti-ice, the start switches SHOULD be left in their continuous positions even after t/o and you will then have to switch them to their 'Off' positions manually later on...and also turn the wing and/or anti-ice off I presume...?Maybe someone with greater knowledge about all this with cold weather procedures and using anti-ice could jump in here?Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Richard, Thanks for the reply,Bryan had to teach me what you said as well.But occasionally, in very cold weather, when I want to start the airplane, first you put the switch in the grd position , then move the cut off switch, then the switch should move to the off position once the engine starts, which sometimes it stays in the grd position and will not release.I don't know if anyone else is having this problem.Thanks kindly,

Hi there!Haven't experienced that problem myself and today I almost always use FS2Crew for all my flights which leaves the operation of the start switches to the FO.Safe landings Vincent :-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi PMDG,I still need you to check this issue out. The problem has happed more than once and others have experienced this as well. Only happens in really cold weather. Canada has cold weather. This just happens every once in a while.Thanks a bunch,

Vincent,I think this is a FS2Crew thingie. I've never experienced the stuck start switches and I've mainly been doing my flying in cold Sweden and Canada.Have you tried this with a clean install? No FS2Crew installed? If so. Did you still get the stuck switches?Cheers,

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Mats,I have not tried it without FS2Crew. I did mention this to Bryan and he did not think this was related to FS2crew. Who knows!!, oh well, It is not big deal.Happy flying,

Hi,It's not an FS2Crew issue because all the FO is doing is making the same single "mouse click" you'd make when you move the Start SW's. If the FO's mouse click was looping for whatever reason, then you'd never be able to move the Start SW's at all.I suspect it's not a PMDG issue either, but rather a Microsoft issue. It seems to only happen every now and then in extremely cold wx.Bryan