Sign in to follow this  
Guest buffjack

LNAV

Guest buffjack

HiI've just bought the 737ng. and to help me along I downloaded Fred Clausen's Flight tutorial for the 700s .My problem is I can't activate the LNAV and VNAV buttons, if i mayI will quote part of the tutorial At 50ft radar alt retract gear-------------okfollow the pitch and roll bars on your PFD-----okAt 1000ft radar alt engage autopilot--------okPress LNAV and VNAV --------not okThey will not engage ?I have painstakingly followed the tutorial but I must be missingsomething. O I must say that out of 4 or 5 attempts they engaged oncebut I dont know what I did I went on to have a great flight on that ocassion can anyone help me please?.YoursBuff

did you properly fill out all needed data in the FMC???

Guest buffjack

Yes FD is on and FMC programed as per manuelany other Idas ???? thank youbuff

Just a WAG, but are your electrical switches set right? Both GEN switches are on? Also, have you loaded all of the updates?

Guest dt1951

Did you use the FMC to select your first waypoint for LNAV to track? (After takeoff, open the FMC, go to the legs page, using the left FSK key select your starting waypoint, then press "Execute".) Then you can press the LNAV button. LNAV will not come online without a waypoint to steer to.

Guest buffjack

Thank you all for your input I will take it all on boardand report back thank you.Buff

Guest buffjack

>Did you use the FMC to select your first waypoint for LNAV to>track? (After takeoff, open the FMC, go to the legs page,>using the left FSK key select your starting waypoint, then>press "Execute".) Then you can press the LNAV button. LNAV>will not come online without a waypoint to steer to.Wallah , That's what I missedO,, thank you so muchBy the by do you think it is worth updateing to the737-800-900 ?.Buff

FYI: You don't necessarily have to do this. The above describes the method for going "Direct" from your current location to the first waypoint. If practicable, you can also just set a heading to intercept the original NAV path (green line) and then hit LNAV.

Guest buffjack

>FYI: You don't necessarily have to do this. The above>describes the method for going "Direct" from your current>location to the first waypoint. If practicable, you can also>just set a heading to intercept the original NAV path (green>line) and then hit LNAV.Cheers GeorgeYou Guys are amassing very helpfullThank you one and all.Buff (The Flying Scotsman)

Not only that, you can simply ARM LNAV on the ground (Will show LNAV in WHITE on the FMA on the PFD). If in TOGA and you engage a CMD, LVL CH will be the default pitch mode and LNAV will engage. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest buffjack

>> Not only that, you can simply ARM LNAV on the ground (Will>show LNAV in WHITE on the FMA on the PFD). If in TOGA and you>engage a CMD, LVL CH will be the default pitch mode and LNAV>will engage. >>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]Great help Randy thank you