Sign in to follow this  

The nerve of some people... (Thread topic from www.auss

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Gudday,I am starting this thread as a bloke (who has done scenery for Tasmania and queensland and does it very well indeed)in our area has recieved emails from someone unknown telling him that: a) "He does not know what he is doing"and :( "He should desist from creating/uploading any more scenery as a result".This sort of insulting emails absolutely disgust's me (more than the FSPlanet threads did). More so it is absolutely unwarrented, if you don't like an add-on for any reason, usually its deleted and you move on. Well, that is what I do.The person sending these emails proports himself to be "President Australian Flight Sim Association", a body no one seems to know of its existence.To read the forum thread:http://www.aussim.com/Forum/display_topic_...&PagePosition=1

G'day to you mate :-)No, I'm not an Aussie :-)I do think that some people deliberately start such a topic because they know that it will cause mayhem.What do you think would happen if I posted a message here in support of someone who was known to be doing naughty things in the flight sim world? I suspect that Avsim would have to close the thread down because of the flaming that would be directed against me. And, no - I'm not going to try it :-)I think it's always best to ignore such people because I believe that they do it just to get attention. There are so many more interesting things we can discuss instead.David

The guy is obviously a total drongo (that's an Oz term, I believe) and should have been ignored from the outset. Ian Thatcher's work is marvellous and anyone who knows this hobby of ours well knows that.IMHO, there's far too much time wasted in these forums playing psychological pat-a-cake. Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!This sounds like someone whom you should tell to take a long walk on a short pier hun. If he doesn't like your work, he need not download it and can mind his own damn business. Even if your work was fictional, which there is that type of scenery out there, even I have downloaded some of that and enjoyed the quality of artwork that went into it. Even more so when it is a real place that i have seen with my own eyes.Pay heed to those who enjoy your work luv, and for the others, put them from your mind; they're not worth the grief.President huh? Hmmm, have a few characters around here too. Let's see, at last tally, Napoleon, King Henry VIII, Mary Queen of Scot; who knows what other character is lurking in the bushes.By the way, welcome to AVSIM. I've had my fair share of Aussie friends and with only one exception have I ever met one that I didn't immediately like. Oz, a great land and great people. Oh yeah, the "Kiwi's" are pretty darned fine too!Where ever you're at out there Alistair, my old New Zealand friend, God be with you. You're the craziest loon of a sky-diver I ever met. Thanks for the loan of the chute.Cheers!HeatherUSA

What can I say that hasn't already been said. This person has obviously been helping himself to the wing deicer fluid. Ignore it and move on. One thing I've had to learn that came harder than learning GMAX was how to grow a thick skin. I get all kinds of stupid and insulting notes from people. They used to bother me, but now I just ignore them. The flight sim community is remarkably diverse, and this is a good thing 99% of the time. But some people got skipped over when they handed out common sense and courtesy, and unfortunately, they show up here too. One of those things that we just have to learn to live with.Mike Stone

G'day mate!Can only add my voice of support to the messages already posted and say that the guy is a bit of a galah... (another Oz term folks!).Ignore him. He's hiding behind the anonymity that the internet affords to throw nothing more than cheap insults.Best wishesMurphy(President of The World Galah Recognition Association.) :)

Ar-ya garn (Australian for "How are you going?")"Ignore it and it WILL go away"It is interesting that some of us that have been around for many years have never heard of the Australian Flight Sim Association (does anyone know the web address?).Also the original email to Ian Thatcher (he showed it to me) does not sound like the constructive critisism that would come from someone in that sort of a position (President). Personally I believe the message did not come from the person it is attributed to. It says "P. Anderson" but the email originates from a "T. Mertz" who apparently resides in Queensland, Australia.There's something fishy going on here.Ferminhttp://fsadventures.net

Guest Guruswarmyoz

>G'day to you mate :-) >>No, I'm not an Aussie :-) >>I do think that some people deliberately start such a topic >because they know that it will cause mayhem. >>What do you think would happen if I posted a message here in >support of someone who was known to be doing naughty things >in the flight sim world? I suspect that Avsim would have to >close the thread down because of the flaming that would be >directed against me. And, no - I'm not going to try it :-) >>I think it's always best to ignore such people because I >believe that they do it just to get attention. There are so >many more interesting things we can discuss instead. >>David Good point there David (a namesake!!) , the point of this post was basically a show of support for Ian Thatcher and his work --> NOT to cause "mayhem". Your right in me stirring the pot! Like i said in my original post, it does disgust me that the "lone looney" does this sort of thing to someone. I do not usually make these sort of threads, I stayed well out of the FSplanets threads!!!I should have asked that if anyone has heard of the "Aust Flight Sim association" to let me know.To close out David, you are right in the sense that to ignore is the right path, but it does go a bit deeper than that on this occaision in my opinion, that is why one has posted this thread here.Thanks for your opinion, its appreciated!!