Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

While we all wait for the 747...

...anyone more think it would be fun with a PMDG groupflight on IVAO now that they have their new IvAp online client? Started my online flying on VATSIM but moved over to IVAO to check their new IvAp client and haven't looked back since.So, anyone more than me flying on IVAO and think a real PMDG groupflight would be fun?

Richard Åsberg

I am waiting quite anxiously, since cruising around at Mach .81 tops is getting BOOOORING.

Hello nameless,Well...considering the amount of replies in this thread it looks like we will have to find company elsewhere.

Richard Åsberg

Guest teeloo

It's busy enough in the skies of IVAO I guess everybody is on its own there...Don't know how you want to "group-hug" through the sky anyway?On a long flight I sometimes try to contact other airliners that come from the oposite direction and ask them for the weather on Unicom in empty atc airspace.Not al answer, but some do.Teeloo

Hi Teeloo,I agree that the IVAO skies are rather crowded as it is already. What I meant by a PMDG groupflight is that I think it would be fun if as many PMDG captains as possible gathered at a specific airport at a predetermined time and then did a flight together to a predetermined destination.These kind of PMDG groupflights have been done before but on VATSIM and it has been great fun and I think it could be even more fun now on IVAO with their new IvAp client that allows you to see the surrounding traffic in a much better and more smooth way. Also, their new client is very easy for everyone both to install and also setup for multiplayer sessions compared to all special programs needed to fly online on VATSIM (Squawkbox, sbhost.dll, sbrelay etc etc...)If you're an online pilot I'm sure you're aware of similar kind of groupflights are done almost every day on IVAO but by other organizations, virtual airlines etc.

Richard Åsberg

WestCoast ATC (www.westcoastatc.com) had PMDG specifid flights often, and has almost DAILY flights with FULL atc, using stricktly FS9 Multiplayer and Teamspeak.In my opinion it's the easiest, yet most realistic online flying with ATC out there.

Guest teeloo

Honestly?I don't like to trail behind a whole bunch that much.I think it isn't really realistic anyway and I am more fond of the scattered traffic (as in real life).I know it becomes more and more aparent that traffic increases and more and more flights head the same way. But a whole group? Nah.Too predictive.Much more fun to not know what to expect airborne.Easy fly-in, or crowded approach sectors. I prefere the random.Especially with the community increasing it becomes more and more like a copy of the real world.Just thought saying that.I know there are others out there thinking else.regardsTeeloo

Hi Teeloo,Of course you should express your 2 cents on the subject and I can see what you mean...and agree that with growing online traffic the "need" for group flights may decrease. And of course always flying like a big caravan one after each other wouldn't be fun but once in a while I think it could be a fun event...and I know the ATC think it's fun since it's a big challenge for them to handle that amount of simultaneous traffic.All the best and happy flights Teeloo,

Richard Åsberg

Guest teeloo

Thanks! ;-)I think Fly-ins are really cool though...Are they still held?Teeloo

Have been on a private little "world-tour" lately so haven't really looked for them but a good place to find all planned events and activities in different parts of the world is clicking the "Upcoming Events" screen on IVAO's front page and I'm sure VATSIM has something similar to that.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Hi there Clayton!Have you tried IVAO yet and their new online client? Like I said in my original post, I used to fly on VATSIM myself but after giving IVAO a try I haven't looked back since. This isn't really fitted for the PMDG forum so I won't go any further in this comparison more than suggest you give it a try at least - I don't think you'll be dissapointed.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

hi Richardbut can you tell me what exactly is better in IVAO, as i have been a member for VATSIM for many many years and i am pretty happy there.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi again Clayton,I don't say that IVAO in itself is better than VATSIM, but what IS better is their client (IvAp) you use to connect to the network. You will see all the surrounding traffic (other players) almost as smooth as the AI traffic when you're not online. Also, both the installation of the client as well as the process for getting connected is a couple of 100% easier than it is with VATSIM and all different programs/utilities you need there.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg