Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

How come i don't see experience any turbulence at all with the pmdg?

Are you flying through turbulent weather such as clouds, thunderstorms and such? Is turbulence selected in MSFS (I think it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Well i should of had turbulence somewhere in my 1 yr and a half of flying bad weather that is. I'm not sure if there is an option for turbulence i'll have to check the weather menu. As far as fsuipc i think there is one but in registered version only which i'm not.Thanks for your help you gave me food for thought!!!

Guest kiwi pilot

Just a thought have directed your problem to the active sky forum i would say they would solve your problem...........regards robin

I just experienced it last night when flying. It was great! Over big mountain ranges with lots of clouds it was a little bumpy... I watched my friend fly the default mooney around thunder storms and his plane was actually hit by one and his engine stopped. Pretty fun stuff

Guest Ruddman

I can't believe how good the PMDG 737's react to turbulance. I 'only' use 2002. No other weather add-ons. And its so realistic! The a/c bounces around so much. Its cool! Why is it only with the PMDG add-on and not the others? Is it because of the latest version of FPUISC that downloads on the installation?Either way its awsome!Jonno.

No it is not only with PMDG I had some the other day in the default cessna I was getting bounced all over the place. I do have the registered version of FSUIPC and that may be why I get this effect.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Now i'm confused, being registered to fsuipc can give me turbulence? I believe you but it makes no sense why that would give weather features when weather programs should.

FSUIPC is the interface that the the different programs use to talk to FS9. The registered version gives you lots of options for different weather, visibility, and technical settings. To tell you the truth I have not messed with the FS9 weather settings since I registered FSUIPC because all the controls are there, so I can't remember if there is an additional control in FS9. I don't use any weather programs other than the VATSIM/SQUAWKBOX/FSInn weather and occasionally I use FSMETAR and I have all the turbulence settings set in FSUIPC and all works great.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest speight

Yes you can set turbs in the fs9 wx box, quite severe if that is what you require. Using real world wx also gets it. There is a switch in fsuipc that turns turbs off or on, so if you have the reg version, do just that, it works on all aircraft. Fsuipc reg vers can also be used to calibrate your controls for nice approaches etc. It could be a good descision to buy it and it is not a fortune-less than a couple of beers!

Guest Ruddman

Yes, I get the turbulance too with the GA planes. But not with my other add-ons like DF's 737, 767 PIC and RFP 747. Or any freeware jets. Yes it rocks SLIGHTLY. IAS and VS flickers around. But the a/c don't bounce around like PMDG's do. I use 2002. And I'm not sure if I'm a registered user of FSUIPC either. Perhaps someone from the PMDG team can actually post here for a change and answer this curious question we have?Jonno.