Sign in to follow this  
Guest LOCO2

B717 PMDG....may be??

Guest LOCO2

HI!!Well, seeing the last photos of the new MD-11, they remind me that the cockpit of the tri-jet is more or less like the B717...( more or less....)The CTS

Well, that is a very good question since the gauges for the MD-11 and 717 are the same, allowing for the different number of engines. And the 717 is a WONDERFUL airplane. We'll have to get back to you on that.:-laugh1 BillP.S. I would have addressed this, but didn't get your name.

Oh please! Oh Please! :-)This would be AWESOME!!! Especially as they may be doing away with this model, it would be a nice way to pay tribute to the last legacies of McDonnell/Douglas with both the MD-11 and Boeing 717.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I just got a message from God (or was it W) that a neverending train has been set in motion. He forsees questions like 'is it ready yet' or 'when will you release it', or 'does it has an INS' or 'does it have a weather radar' or 'is it in beta' or 'can I see a pic' or 'will you have it in x-livery':-violin

Guest Newflyer

Thomas is right...

"He forsees questions like 'is it ready yet' or 'when will you release it', or 'does it has an INS' or 'does it have a weather radar' or 'is it in beta' or 'can I see a pic' or 'will you have it in x-livery'"Thomas,We already have this list of standard questions and our list of standard responses to them.... "Yes, No, and Maybe" ... not necessarily in that order.Bill:+

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I just got a message from God (or was it W) that a>neverending train has been set in motion.Naahh. It wasn't God, it was Kerry. He said he wanted a B717 before he decided against it......Sorry, couldn't resist...../R,Ted

Guest VH-ELL
Well, that is a very good question since the gauges for the MD-11 and 717 are the same, allowing for the different number of engines. And the 717 is a WONDERFUL airplane. We'll have to get back to you on that.:-laugh1 BillP.S. I would have addressed this, but didn't get your name.
Sorry for pulling up such an old topic - But maybe we get an update to this mid march :( Cheers,Steve

I'd buy a B717. I've only ever flown on one once in real life. Bangkok to Ko Samui with Bangkok Airlines - a very pleasant flight.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

HI My opinion, We got our hands full with the MD-11 and it seems to me that the 717 is pretty similar to the MD, wouldn't be nice to have something different to play with? :( I don't know but the 717 would be nice some other time! just my two cents don't shoot me for it :( Leonardo Soares

Actually, from what I've read, a 717 is closer to an upgraded MD-80 than the MD-11.
The airframe is pretty much a MD80, I believe its not as long. The engines and avionics are however not the same.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

The airframe is pretty much a MD80, I believe its not as long. The engines and avionics are however not the same.
All true info.The 717-200 is 124 ft 0 in (37.8 m) and the MD-80 series specifically, 81/82/83/88 are 147 ft 8 in (45.1 m) in lengthThe MD-87 is 130 ft 4 in (39.7 m) and MD-90 152 ft 7 in (46.5 m).Keith

Keith Guillory

"Actually, from what I've read, a 717 is closer to an upgraded MD-80 than the MD-11."I read yesterday that the MD-10 cockpit is build from 717 components.

I'd buy a B717-200 in a heartbeat! I flew a level D simulator of this plane three years ago in Long Beach, and it was a blast! Cool looking plane too, and as previously mentioned, the last of the McDonnell-Douglas line....I practically cried when the last production line B717 departed KLGB a couple of years ago.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg